Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-03-2007, 06:46 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Mother's Day

Good Morning all,
It's a dark, wet, morning here - quite mild though ........ can't imagine this cold snap that we are supposed to be getting in the next few days...

I've been awake since 3.00am, have done the ironing, had early morning coffee with a few puzzles and thought I'd just catch up on the night owl's posts now
Going out for a special Mother's Day lunch today with my daughter and her family.... really looking forward to that

Have a good day everyone!

Remembering Mums past and present........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Mother's Day

Morning Mags, morning all, after a wet and windy night, the sun is out and shining. Off at some point today to see my mum and MIL. Nothing much else planned here.

Mags - I hope you have a very enjoyable Mother's day lunch

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
18-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #3

Morning people.
The wind n hail woke me up at 4 or 5ish cant remember.

Happy mothers day to my mum who went to Spain at 3am this morn!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #4

Oh dear - mass insomnia! Another article about it in today's paper but I don't think it says anything new http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle1511406.ece
The wind has changed direction and it is much cooler here today.
Hope everyone has a lovely day and I'm sure, if they could, all the kitties would wish their human keepers a Happy Mothers Day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #5

Happy Mothers day to everybody!!!

Doing some housework today and some decorating and then off to see my Mum this afternoon, got some perfume for her, her flowers from us were delivered on Friday

Weather is very windy here

Have a great day everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #6

Windy but sunny here. Feels quite cold though. Will be popping into town this morning with the little ones to allow hubby to get on with the painting (I did masses yesterday ). I need to work out how to spend my M&S vouchers so will be having a nose at Per Una's spring/summer range

Dinner last night was just fine until the cheese board. For £8.50 I would expect a little more than edam, red leicester, cheddar, stilton and goat's cheese AND they forgot my desert wine AND they ran out of white grapes so hubby had to have red (not his preference). So I complained (politely) and ended up getting not charged for anything past the main course.

We were both a bit disappointed but it didn't spoil an overall nice evening out

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday and that all mothers out there get spoilt rotten

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #7

Hail here. Keeep getting ready to take the girls out and backing back in.......really cold and a real gale force wind too. Brrrrrrrrrr

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #8

Hi all, Had lots of cards from my 2 girls, some they've made at school & brownies & one each they bought. Ashleigh even put a £1 in hers as a special surprise. I've had a lovely boquet & also some gifts they purchased in a mothers day fair at school, I asked if dad had given them the money for the fair & they said, no they'd just took it out of their money boxes. (bless 'em) Just doing a few jobs around the house today & Going round mothers later for tea.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #9

Afternoon all! What absolutely disgusting weather here! At the moment we have a howling gale mixed with hail, snow and rain!! Very yucky!! got 2 lovely bunches of flowers, lots of cards and a lovely little cat ornament of a kitten on a shoe which says 'mum, you're the cats whiskers'! Having a nice roast for tea tonight. hope you are all having a lovely day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #10

Happy Mothers Day to all the mums here! And to those of you whose mums are still living, give her an extra hug! I lost my Mom when I was 25, so this is always sort of a sad day for me ,,,,,, sunny and a tad above freezing here, but howling March winds. Been to the market: got one of their crab cakes and some lovely fresh spinach for dinner! Off to fix lunch now and settle in with the papers and NY Times crossword...hope you all have a lovely day!