Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #1

Teddy bears...

Did you have a teddy when you were a child ....... and if so, have you still got it?

I was listening to the radio in the early hours of this morning and it appears that 10% of men take a teddy to bed with them when are away from home! I couldn't imagine my OH doing that!!

I never had a teddy when i was a child

When my daughter got married and left home, she gave me a lovely surprise on my 1st Mother's Day after............... a lovely white fluffy teddy bear! I really treasure that bear and it sits beside me on the bedside table at night!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
14-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #2

Re: Teddy bears...

awwww mags i acnt belive you didnt have a teddy when you were little,i had loads but my fave one was a rabbit my mom get me when i was about 8,i still have it now,i keep hold of all my cuddlies cant bring my self to pass them on.
my treasure tho is a elephant that used to belpng to my nan,i had it after she passed away,i plan to pass it on to my first granddaughter if i have any.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #3

I read that article about more men than women taking a teddy to bed - amazing. Actually I don't think I believe it.

I had 2 teddies, a giant one and a normal one. They didn't survive but Bonzo the dog did

He's a bit threadbare now, but you can still get the odd sqeak/woof out of him if you know the magic spot to press. He's not looking so bad for over half a century old

Global Moderator

14-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I read that article about more men than women taking a teddy to bed - amazing. Actually I don't think I believe it.

I had 2 teddies, a giant one and a normal one. They didn't survive but Bonzo the dog did

He's a bit threadbare now, but you can still get the odd sqeak/woof out of him if you know the magic spot to press. He's not looking so bad for over half a century old

Aww he's lovely DM ........ I bet he holds lots of good memories too

I really can't believe many men will take a teddy to bed either
Saying that though, the programme last night was a phone in and one man actually admitted it (I suppose it made good listening!). Also one of the male presenters said that he sometimes did..

Global Moderator

14-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysmom
awwww mags i acnt belive you didnt have a teddy when you were little,i had loads but my fave one was a rabbit my mom get me when i was about 8,i still have it now,i keep hold of all my cuddlies cant bring my self to pass them on.
my treasure tho is a elephant that used to belpng to my nan,i had it after she passed away,i plan to pass it on to my first granddaughter if i have any.
Ooh I had a favourite elephant too.....used to take it everywhere until...............
I had to go into hospital when I was three, took my precious elephant in with me........... and dropped it down the loo!! Boy was I upset that day!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
14-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #6

I still have my first teddy when I was born back in 1967 and my first ever dolly, I will look it out and take a picture of it x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #7

I still have my big, yellow teddy. It sits on Dominik's bed now completely ignored by him in favour of rabbits, elephants, dogs and really anything else

I also have a threadbare dog a bit like DMs but it doesn't make a sound and it's pale blue . . . Sebastian will have that one once I've sown his nearly-falling-off head back on

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
14-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #8

The most of my teddies were lost in transit when we moved to Germany. I still have my old golliwog and a few other smaller teddies including a large orange teddie. I have collected a few since then though my fave is a dog pyjama case it is soooo soft and cuddly and its a real comfort to snuggle into when i am down... bit sad really when I am about to turn 37 lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #9

I still have my teddy bear his name is Fred bear and I have had him since I was 5....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
14-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Ooh I had a favourite elephant too.....used to take it everywhere until...............
I had to go into hospital when I was three, took my precious elephant in with me........... and dropped it down the loo!! Boy was I upset that day!!
awwww poor elephant!!!!!!!