Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
14-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #1

Pc problem (help)

I'll try & explain this as clearly as I can.

When I open a website (eg catsey) then minimize it, it goes down to the toolbar as it should.

Then when I click on the internet icon, to open another thing (eg photobucket) instead of opening up, it grabs the catsey icon from the toolbar & then goes to the internet homepage & catsey has gone!

Does that make any sense whatsoever?

So when I try to post photos or hop around from one forum to another, I can't because I can only have one thing open at once....

Any ideas, I'm useless with PC stuff.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #2

Re: Pc problem (help)

I've no idea Smudgley, maybe Tom will have an idea but he won't see this post until after school. Hopefully somebody will have rectified the problem for you by then

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
14-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #3

Thanks Fran - Well I'm off out now & won't be back on until this evening - so hopefully someone may have had some ideas by then.
It's really frustrating.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
14-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #4

I am sorry Smudgley I have no idea also, likewise here I am having terrible probs at the mo, its driving me crazy......I am now using Mozilla Firefox instead of I.E. x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
14-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #5

Sorry Smudgely

I haven't got a clue either bit dozy when it comes to that kinda thing lol.... good luck in getting it fixed

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #6

I think you need to go to File and open a new window before you open Photobucket, Smudgley? Then you will have the two separate windows to work with....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
14-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #7

are you using a 'tabbed browser'? if so, thats your problem, for example if your using the new Internet Explorer 7 that MS have just released, that supports tabbed browsing meaning you can open more than one page within one window. Tabbed browsing only needs one 'main' window open so will use the browser window you already have open thinking thats what you want to do.

Open IE (Internet explorer) and press 'Control+T' that should open a new tab, if this is the case then you do indeed have tabbed browsing and no way i know of stopping the problem, but does solve it by the fact that you dont need to open a new broswer when you want to go to another site but stay on the one previous at the same time.

Hope that helps and makes sense

Erin x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #8

Not only am I practically computer-illiterate, I have a Mac! I don't even understand what you're trying to do...think we do need Tom here!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
14-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #9

Hmm i understand what you mean but not sure what is causing the problem because even if you have IE 7 with tabbed windows you can still open another window without it having an effect on the other

Tom x