Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
12-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #1

Daily Thread - Monday

Morning all! Rather dark and cloudy here, I suspect rain sometime soon! Well, today is D-Day! Off to the new vets in just over an hour. To drop the girls off at school and then stright ove to the vet, so will pop back on when I get home and let you know what he says. I have hardly slept all night with Broxi's yowling at Teddie , so hopefully he can give me some advice on that as well. Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Monday

Morning all,

I really hope little Teddie will be strong enough to go through her Op sooner rather than later, it must be very upsetting for you ((((((hugs)))))).

Today I am off work, I go back in Thursday but then its long days a new routine is needed I think.

Tons to do, tidying, shopping etc....then the dreaded washing pile - where do it all come from ?

Its dry out and the little birdies have been singing their little heads of earler.

Have a great day all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #3

Morning all, overcast here this morning, not really sure which way the weather will go today. Got some last bits and pieces of things to get for Em's residential trip with School later this week. Not much else planned but the usual tidying and washing!

Alex - good luck with the new vet x

Hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #4

Morning! Looks quite nice here now but I think we may be in for showers later. Will have to see what I can do on the allotment before they start.
It was a beautiful day yesterday. We ate our lunch outside - it was really warm in the lea of the house.
Alex - we're all waiting to hear your news. Fingers crossed that it is good news.
Hope everyone has a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #5

Beautifully bright and spring-like here again. Off to the docs to sort a presription muddle, to the vet to pick up some kitty toothpaste, to the supermarket, into the garden to do some much-needed weeding (hoping the weather holds), to Dominik's parents' evening at 4pm and maybe to the garden centre to get some more bags of bark as we only had enough to do one of the new borders last year.

Phew - knackered just reading that LOL!!!

Alex - will be back later to read the new vet report - hope it goes/ has gone well

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
12-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #6

Well it started off sunny and bright here but we could be looking at rain later....

Still suffering from post migraine headache.....

work is the same as always but have managed to get my Green team projects underway despite the non stop calls lol

Alex... Hope everything goes well. fingers xxxxed

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #7

Still sunny and warm here but there are a few dark clouds lurking on the horizon....

Have been out to have a look at a new Tesco Homeware store that opened this morning not far away. Looks interesting ....... everything for the home and worth another visit.

Alex
~ I hope you managed to get a few answers from the vet this morning...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
12-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #8

Right folks, here is this afternoons Teddie report!!!

vet visit went well. Was very pleased with his manner and knowledge! His initial diagnosis is IBS, as we all suspected (maybe we should set up an online advice site). He has sent off a blood sample to test that her body is breaking down the enzymes properly (or something along those lines). He also wants her kept on the metronidazole for at least 6 more weeks, and then gradually taper it off, rather that stopping it altogether, and risking it all starting again. He is very happy for her current feeding regime to remain in place, and has no problems with her remaining on the hills id for life if need be!!! He doesn't want her spayed yet, feels it would be too risky health wise, and wants to wait at least another 8 weeks and build her up some more. So all in all, todays bill came to almost the £100 mark!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Right folks, here is this afternoons Teddie report!!!

vet visit went well. Was very pleased with his manner and knowledge! His initial diagnosis is IBS, as we all suspected (maybe we should set up an online advice site). He has sent off a blood sample to test that her body is breaking down the enzymes properly (or something along those lines). He also wants her kept on the metronidazole for at least 6 more weeks, and then gradually taper it off, rather that stopping it altogether, and risking it all starting again. He is very happy for her current feeding regime to remain in place, and has no problems with her remaining on the hills id for life if need be!!! He doesn't want her spayed yet, feels it would be too risky health wise, and wants to wait at least another 8 weeks and build her up some more. So all in all, todays bill came to almost the £100 mark!!!
Eek! Did that include free earplugs to help you ignore the calling yowls?
Extra black mark to the old vet who said you couldn't feed i/d long term

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #10

Sounds like the new vet is very knowledgeable and caring Alex, glad all went well despite the 'huge' vet bill Hope the blood test reveals what is wrong with Teddie x