Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
25-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #1

Want to go raw-advice?

Right now..i briefly tried feeding raw with the dogs but had two problems, minor one-was forever confused over the amount to feed and the major problem, the dogs didnt like it! Ralph wouldn't touch it [tried for a week n a half] n Florrie kept just picking bits..so we went back onto a dry diet.
Anyway today there was some beef in the freezer, only a little amount, and we had to clear out some space (long story!) so i let it defrost and put it in the cats bowls-was gone within a few minutes! This evening..they had the piece left from the rabbit that was used in the stew, gave after defrosting,and they loved it! Again-gone after not long, and they both seemed quite full..no scavving which they usually do.
So..i want to go raw! But i have no proper idea where to start? what exactly to feed? amounts? any extra supplements? do you add veg n fruit like with dogs? general advice please as i know a few of you feed raw!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #2

Re: Want to go raw-advice?

Luke, I only partly raw feed my cats, they still have cat food too. My dogs are totally raw fed but I think totally raw feeding cats can be more tricky. I couldn't advise you r.e raw feeding cats so as to ensure a complete diet but if you ever decide to raw feed your dogs then I would be happy to help

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-01-2007, 10:16 AM   #3

Luke there is a link on a thread here which gives full advice. It's not easy with cats - you can't just throw meat at them & leave it at that. They need supplements etc.
Edit there you go http://www.catnutrition.org/pictorial.html

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggies
04-02-2007, 02:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Luke there is a link on a thread here which gives full advice. It's not easy with cats - you can't just throw meat at them & leave it at that. They need supplements etc.
Edit there you go http://www.catnutrition.org/pictorial.html
I am thinking of raw feeding my cats, can you buy it so I can try it to see how they go?