Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
19-01-2007, 02:27 AM   #1

broken leg!

oh what a brilliant start to 2007 we have had.binka has lost lots of weight and has been on antibiotics for 3 weeks blood tests on tuesday if he hasnt gained any weight,lena and tia had a horrid virus with the runs,very pronounced 3rd eyelids sneezing etc then to top it all tia comes home with a broken leg today!the bottom part of her front leg was swinging!she has been splinted now a huge dressing sticking out sideways!she is 1 very unhappy cat!she cant seem to get up without falling all ove the place.i got the cage for her to keep her confined but as it isnt overly huge she kept getting stuck on her side,falling in the litter and her food!but when she is up she is like whippet on 3 legs!running for the cat flap to get out,but of course its locked!she has had her pain killer for the night now so is sleeping and not crying and screaming in annoyance.on a plus side!roxxi's back seems much better still has the odd fall over when her legs give way but she generally good and having fun.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #2

Re: broken leg!

Oh my, what a dreadful run of luck you're having! So sorry to hear about the leg; poor baby, it must be so distressing for her and for you! How long does the vet say she'll have to be casted until the leg heals?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-01-2007, 07:50 AM   #3

Oh dear, you are certainly having a rough time of things Has Tia got to have an operation on her leg? I really hope things start to improve for you and normal health will resume amongst your kitties x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #4

So very sorry to hear all that. You certainly are having quite a time of it. Maybe once January is over yours and all the furbabes luck will change for the better. I really hope so. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #5

Hope your (and your cats') luck changes soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #6

How horrid! Poor Tia I do hope this is the last of the bad things and that good things start to happen from now on in.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #7

What a start to the new year for you!!

Poor Tia, I hope her leg heals soon and all your kitties are back to good health......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
19-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #8

Oh dear, what a bad start to the year. Fingers crossed that your luck (and the cats') improves soon!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
20-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #9

thankyou everybody!!im hoping it cant get worse lol.she has a splint on her leg and has to go in evrey week be anaesth wotsit and have it re dressed,will be for a few weeks then an xray to see if it is fusing.she is very unhappy!!desperate to get out bless,howling most of the time she is awake to be let out.pain killer time soon so she will blotto after that.only given her until sunday for pain relief tho??will have to ring on monday and c why that is