Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
06-01-2007, 09:55 AM   #1

Roverian post-absence Chronicle.

Blame that silly pet of mine for not letting me at the computer until now. She's been complaining about sore shoulder, PVF, MS (and probably a few more letters) and sleeping more than I have! She thinks she has a rough time. Obviously has *no* idea about the trials and tribulations a cat goes through. Maintaining sleeping-spots by making use of them on a rotational schedule, sleeping 15-23 hours a day (they both complain about a work day of a mere eight hours...), gulping food. chivying said slackers for said food, winding leash around trees, ankles etc., chasing feathers and birds, carrying home sticks to play with...

This Christmas time is a good thing. Lots of attention, pets in bathrobes most of the day (we stayed at home), roast beef and roast turkey to eat. Even found a variation on one of my sleep-spots, seen here:

Warm bum, played-out mess and soothing darkness with a red tint.

And one of my pets left this nice catnest on one of my sofas (note defeated enemy pampas-grass to enhance tail-end).

Not sure about New Year and the few days before it, though. Was rudely bundled into my carrier after my morning race around the block and breakfast. After that I was dumped in the horrible growly thing that doesn't let me explore the nice alleys, trees and canines along the way. They just don't have a clue, even when I use my most commanding yowl. I was just told off for my language - imagine that! End-stop was a place I've never been before. Pleasant enough, birds and traffic to watch, usual grub, litter and cosy teepee, but no-one at my beck and call and no treats. Service was lousy! Only an hour or so of attention. Fed just three times a day and no access to those tasty little birds <grumble>.

Days! went by. Days!! Finally she-who-roasts-turkey-legs-just-for-me showed up, so I left my warm, toasty sleeping-spot to sulk in the carrier. Of my own accord, just to show her! Snub ignored, she chatted with my temporary hostess, ranted about how it only had been four days and that I should be glad to have missed the fireworks and then finally got me home again. I was too exhaused from my ordeal to do much more that accept a belly-rub and the newly-roasted turkey, then go sleep on whomever I could make the more uncomfortable. They've behaved themselves since.

That sounds like the promising shfluff of a fridge being opened. Hope your holidays were abundant in food and *nice* people, with plenty of rest and plenty of joys.

Rover (master of all he surveys, could he be bothered to open his eyes...)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #2

Re: Roverian post-absence Chronicle.

Awwww so nice to see you and Rover again Hreow!!!! I for one have missed you and the Roverian Chronicles! So glad to see the gorgeous Rover again Hope we will be seeing more of you both now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
06-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #3

Hi, good to see you again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
06-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #4

Brilliant, lovely to see you back x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #5

I'm in love with Rover. Beautiful! Love the story.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #6

Lovely to hear from you again Rover!
Advise that woman what does for you to take care of that shoulder and maybe get some nice aromatherapy neck and shoulder massage...... but don't sniff her after; you won't like the clary sage, rosemary etc etc (but maybe she could have a catnip massage! )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
06-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #7

Nice to see you back with us

Rover is still up to mischief then

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #8

Hey Rover, good to see you back with your Chronicle!

Tell that mistress of yours that she has been sorely missed on here and we hope to see more of you both this year

Hreow, I hope your health improves so that you are able to start on some Catsey therapy soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
06-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #9

Catnip-scented shoulder-rub sounds like a lovely idea! Thanks DM for that and all of you for the warm welcome back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
06-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #10

Good to hear Rover tales again Hreow and great to have YOU back!!