Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #1

Surprise...Royal Canin for Leia!

Picked up Leia's meds at the vet today, and discussed a change in diet,,,gave me a sample 5 1/2 oz. tin to see if she'd eat it, and was quite surprised to see that it was Royal Canin! I've seen it mentioned frequently here and just assumed, rather stupidly I guess, that it was a UK brand, probably because of the Royal in the name! It's, or at least this tin is, manufactured right here in the States in Missouri. Will try her on it tonight and really hope she'll eat it...she's used to a different variety of food each day, so hope this is really tasty!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #2

Re: Surprise...Royal Canin for Leia!

Royal Canin is a good food. I've been using it for nearly 10 years on my persians. I think the brand was originally French, but may well have now been bought by one of the big internationals.

Catsey Veteran

23-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #3

That's good to hear. This the SO, supposed to prevent crystal fornation in the bladder. Do yours eat the same food every day with no objection!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #4

Cleo has the same basic food ie everything under the sun.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #5

My cats have had Royal Canin Persian mix since almost day 1. Recently, due to Darcy's intestinal blockage during the summer, I've been mixing this with Intense Furball Formula. Apart from the occasional sachet of wet food and treats of various human foods, they're very happy on their RC.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #6

My kittens have RC kitten and babycat dry food and love it! It was the only dry food Porsha would eat after we got her and we tried loads of different ones..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-12-2006, 01:28 PM   #7

My cats love Royal Canin, Winston used to prefer the Royal Canin prescription food to the Hills Science plan one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #8

My Teddie didn't do well on the RC, but I think that it was more to do with the fact it's a dry food than anything else. I'm sure Leia will love it.

Catsey Veteran

24-12-2006, 08:54 PM   #9

This is the tinned one. She ate it last night with enthusiasm, don't know how she'll take to the same food every day; she's used to different flavors. Will call the vet after the holidays to discuss the dry food' she wants dry for her snacks. Trouble is, it's a five pound bag; will be heavy lugging home on the bus, but if it will avoid another scary episode of cystitis,,,well, a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do!! Thanks for all the info you've posted!

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
24-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #10

Dandysmom - you can read all about it on the manufacturer's site - all you need is to google in royalcanin. Logoes