Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #1

Leia Chapter Three

Just talked to Dr. Phillips! He is very pleased to hear that she's almost 100% back to normal: she's only weeing two to three times a day now, in and out of the box, not sitting there for five minutes at a time, and passing a normal amount of urine. with no signs of blood! Told me to get the anti-inflamatory meds tomorrow anyway, but that she might not need them if she continues to do well!! Said to keep it on hand if she shows signs of a relapse. What a relief! Didn't go into much detail about dietary changes, suggested using a special veterinary food called SO. Will talk to the staff tomorrow about it when I pick up the meds. It's great to have my little girl back to normal! Incidentally, she was weighed while there, and is 14 pounds! Not so little.....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #2

Re: Leia Chapter Three

That is good news Eileen! It looks like you got her to the vet just in time before it developed too bad.....

It's a good idea to have the anti-inflamatory meds on standby anyway, just in case...

14 pounds ........ that is one big girl you have there! I bet you know it when she curls up on your lap!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #3

Hurrah! That's great news Eileen, such a relief for you I'm sure. Hope she continues to improve well.

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
That is good news Eileen! It looks like you got her to the vet just in time before it developed too bad.....

It's a good idea to have the anti-inflamatory meds on standby anyway, just in case...

14 pounds ........ that is one big girl you have there! I bet you know it when she curls up on your lap!
That's the truth, Mags; what is really funny is when she leaps onto the bed just as I;m about to fall asleep...whole bed shakes! She loves the Tempurpedic mattress cover as much as I do!

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Hurrah! That's great news Eileen, such a relief for you I'm sure. Hope she continues to improve well.
Thanks, Alex! Nice especially that she won't be poorly at Christmas! How is Teddie doing?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #6

She's doing well Eileen (fingers crossed, touch wood). Putting some weight on and no runs in nearly 2 weeks, gave her a tiny amount of the HiLife cat food today (min 50% fish) as she is so hungry even after her fish, it's just not enough for her, so we will take it very slowly with trying this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #7

Brilliant to hear Leia is back to normal.....

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #8

Thanks, Moli! The thing is, I've been blessed with unusually healthy cats over the years: rarely if ever sick, so I tend to go into panic mode simply because I'm not used to it and over react!

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
22-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #9

Oh Eileen, my "Little Melba" weighed about 7lbs., she ate well but never put any weight on.

Delighted to hear of leia progress, will keep fingers crossed that she continues to improve. Kath

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #10

I am so pleased to be reading this Eileen Fingers crossed for no relapses but good idea to have the meds in just in case x