Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #1

Chloe not well????

Chloe has been acting weird today. In and out of the garden all day - usually she is tucked up indoors snoozing on my bed. Very restless.

Also I have caught her a few times in the litter tray but when I go near her she runs away. Not seen much evidence of actually going in the litter tray tho.

Are my instincts of cystitus justified???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
19-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #2

Re: Chloe not well????

Possibly yes if she keeps going to the tray, just try to see what she has done, look for blood, let her do it and dive in before she covers it! Good luck, if it is cystitis she should do fine with a course of anti-biotics.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #3

She isnt covering her stuff at the mo - she is literally jumping right out of the tray as if she has been shocked. Not seen any blood or wee to be honest.

I have booked an appt for 9.30 tomorrow at the vets just in case. If she makes a drastic improvement overnight I can cancel (although I am there anyway with Twinkle's first vacc).

Booked two appts and realised I have only got one carrier doh!!!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
19-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #4

Hope she gets better soon

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #5

I've only experienced a male cat with cystitis, but it sounds very similar. Squatting with no pee coming out is typical, plus crying in pain (it's heartbreaking to hear).

I think you're wise to get Chloe to the vet. All the best!

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #6

With the vets shut over Xmas I am not taking any chances - cant afford emergency treatment!!! She has gone out again now which is unusual for her.

She is not crying or anything. Just wont sit still. Not seen her eat or drink much either today (but she isnt the greatest eater). But she has had moments of play too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #7

Does she eat mostly dry food? I understand that that may be a cause of cystitis in the famale. She's not crying when she tries to urinate, is she? And you haven't seen any blood? Leia had a spell like that a month or so back, but it only lasted two days and she was completely back to normal: I cut out all her dry food and gave her tins with lots of gravy, She didn't cry, nor was there any tinge of blood, although the amount of wee was very small. She was playful throughout it, eating and drinking normally and stools were as usual.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #8

Certainly sounds like it could be a bit of a urine infection. I think you are wise getting her checked over. Do let us know how she goes on...

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #9

Well she has just been out in the garden again and has done a no2 (excuse the tone of the conversation!).

She seems to have done a small wee in the tray and has eaten a bowl of wet food. Also had a small amount of water with tiny bit of milk to colour it to trick her.

She usually has wet food, but over the last few days I have used Whiskers and she doesnt like it so has probably eaten more dry food as that is down all day.

Have taken away the dried food and have gone back to Felix which is her favourite - hence the whole bowl of food eaten!!

Will keep on watching her.

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #10

I had a restless night. Although Chloe was quiet I kept waking up. She sleeps on a chair in my room.

This morning I have not let her out and noticed she was sitting in the litter tray for AGES and finally produced a tiny wee which looked bloodstained.

Vets 9.30am.