Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #1

Help!

I need some advice on what to do in this situation as I don't have a clue. You all know about my little tortie girl that Smudgley might have found a new home for, well her sister who disappeared just over a week ago has turned up outside my door again, with 2 kittens in tow. They appear to be around 10 weeks or so and are VERY skittish. They are thin looking and very wary of me going near them. I put out some more food for them but I'm at a loss as to what to do now. I think the older kitten is their mother but on the otherhand they could be a set of sibling s to her. I'm really wondering whether these cats are feral now. ANY advice greatfully received.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
09-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #2

Re: Help!

Leave food out for them and see how it goes. In fine weather, when you have the time, it maybe possible to just sit down somewhere quietly where you can see them and them you and allow them to get used to your presence.

It does take a while but it's very rewarding. Being so young it shouldn't take them too long to adjust to being fed by humans and start to enjoy human contact

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-11-2006, 03:23 PM   #3

I would go with Nae's advice Alex, although, what will you do in the long term?The tortie obviously trust you enough to bring the kittens for food.So you now have 3 to find homes for...?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #4

That's good advice from Naomi, if you can gain the confidence of the kittens it will make it easier if you have to catch/move them later.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #5

Oh my - you'll have to get Smudgley to call again .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #6

I was just going to say contact Smudgley or the local CPL, it could also mean that the tortie girl is expecting to....if not it will only be a matter of time, same with her sister. Four cats with at least two being females you'll have a whole colony by next summer. Very sad.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #7

I phoned up the CPL only to get one of those electronic voice messages saying that they can't take any more cats or kittens as they are full up. It just makes me feel so sad to know that babies even younger than my Cooper and Teddie are out wandering the streets beside quite a busy road. I'll just have to go up to Asda tomorrow and buy in a couple of boxes of their kitten food and hope I can at least keep them fed.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 gorgous mogs
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM   #8

alex i are you talking about the grey cats sisters that you gave to mt sister cause if you are my sister is abit concerned that this kitten may be preganant or had babies as she as teets which are quite large she seems to be pinning at times as if shes looking for something shes worried incase it is pregnant .
tracy

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #9

I dont think these kittens could be hers cause there is no grey on them and also they are so young I dont think they could have survived these last weeks without their mother. I think they belong to the littlest tortie girl. Hopefully Cleo isn't pregnant. Has she taken her to the vets to get her checked over?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 gorgous mogs
09-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #10

i have this very wired feeling that she was a mommy cause her nipples are quite large and shes definatley female , i had a look at her today to check her over and you can feel them and on my female you cant, so we are worried incase they are her babies .
tracy