Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
06-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #1

How come it's so difficult?

How come it is so difficult to sex Maxwell/Bella?
I was at the aunts house for breakfast this morning (long story..had to get out for a bit..) and was having another nose and yet again, i really couldn't tell! Neither could the aunt, or her hubby. You can see 'the area' but its just really difficult to compare it to anything in the books or anything we've seen before, mainly because he/she won't sit still and the mass of ginger and white fur 'down there'..its so difficult.
They haven't been to see the vet since big tort died, he never checked the others to sex them as he presumed it had been done by the other, bad, vets-but they hadn't even bothered to look!
Think i will have to wait and see until we go to the vets with him/her..but what do i call him/her when it comes? Home coming is either saturday or sunday which means at least a day before we can go to the vets-any ideas?
Also any ideas on how to have a go at sexing him/her easier?
Cor it's all more hassle than its bleeding worth!! (Well, of course i lie-because it is worth it)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #2

Re: How come it's so difficult?

I'm sure your vet would be able to tell you the answer Luke .......or the vet nurse...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
06-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #3

None of us can wait either poor little thing needs a good name x

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
06-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #4

I'm worried about what to call IT for the time its here prior to the vets visit-at the moment its being called 'evil one' as he/she is quite the maniac...
This waiting to find out the sex is worse than waiting for christmas! And its madness to think its only about four/five days away now till the not so little one comes home!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #5

Be patient, all will be revealed in good time!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
06-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #6

I have a bad feeling that we're going to start calling it one thing and then it turns out to be t'other sex and we're stuck with the name Not happening-i'm not having a male Bella or female Maxwell, not good!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
I have a bad feeling that we're going to start calling it one thing and then it turns out to be t'other sex and we're stuck with the name Not happening-i'm not having a male Bella or female Maxwell, not good!
Luke, ever hear the song called "A Boy Named Sue" ? Quite funny! Call him/her sweetie or pusskins or sugarpie or something else cute and sex neutral until the vet gives the word!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-11-2006, 11:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
You could have a female Maxi, Luke....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
07-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #9

Where is the kitten now? Is it near Cov?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-11-2006, 12:26 AM   #10

Now, now Luke. You'll be upsetting my Teddy in a minute lol! I know how you feel Luke, even now with the vet saying he 95% certain that Teddys a girl, theres still a 5% that she's not. And I'm trying really hard to remember to say and type she!