Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #1

Very worried about Teddy

Sorry for posting yet another Teddy thread guys. I am very worried about him tonight as he has been on the litter tray at least 20 times today. The RC sensitivity hasn't helped one bit and I actually feel it may have made him worse. He hasn't stopped dribbling out his backend all day, and I have now resorted to shutting him in the kitchen (lino floor) as he was leaving marks everywhere and on everyone. It has absolutely no solidity to it at all any more and is pure liquid coming out. I am going to starve him tomorrow to try and give his little stomach a break but dont know what else to do. I have accepted Emmas offer to pay for the fecal sample but that will be monday at the earliest and even then we will have to wait for the results. TBH I am beginning to wonder if Teddy is going to make it. I just have a really anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach and am so worried. I have been told not to give him anything but the RC, ie no slippery elm bark powder or natural yoghurt, so I dont know what else to do for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #2

Re: Very worried about Teddy

*sigh*
I really haven't anything else to say Alex, except I hope you can get to the bottom of this and get poor Teddy sorted out.
Make sure he has access to water whilst you are restricting food; he will need to keep hydrated.
Poor Teddy, poor you (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #3

Alex - please try not to despair; which is difficult when all you do is mop up cat poo all day. It just came to me that my neighbours have had a rescue Birman for nearly a year now, and this cat has had pretty well constant diarroeha (sp) ever since he's been with them - I know, he's pooed every time we've looked after him . . . and how!!

I hope Teddy will be Ok - main thing is to make sure he's hydrated (but you know that I'm sure) . . . as long as he's growing he is recieving the nutrients from his food and the runny bum is an annoyance rather than a threat to his health.

I'm so pleased you've accepted Emma's offer, and I hope that it starts to resolve Teddy's problem - and bless you for you continuing to support the lovely little chap.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #4

Thanks guys. The support that I get from everyone on here is what keeps me going some days. (especially ones like this). I just feel that he is getting worse with this and am beginning to wonder if it will ever end. To see the look on his little face when he has no control over his bottom is heartwrenching, and he wants cuddled but you cant 'cause you have to go and clean his backside!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
28-10-2006, 10:42 PM   #5

I feel for you ((((((hugs)))))) hopefully the test will sort this out x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #6

So sorry Alex, it must be very distressing for you to watch poot Teddy like this all the time. Hopefully the fecal test will help give you a better picture of whats really going on here and a solution can be found to help him and ease your concerns.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-10-2006, 12:00 AM   #7

Just a thought Alex but did your vet ever give you any probiotic paste or capsules to give to Teddy to help settle his tummy?
Obviously the sample is paramount now and you need to find out whats going on but it may be worth asking the vet about all the same.
Fingers crossed all gets better for Teddy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
29-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #8

Sorry to hear about this Alex, How is Teddy in himself does he appear alert?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
29-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #9

I hope the test helps to give some answers (((hugs))) to you and Teddy

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #10

Sorry to hear there is no improvement in Teddy, it is so worrying for you and you must be at your wit's end

I'm pleased you have accepted Emma's very kind offer, hopefully this test will be able to give some answers to what is causing this problem....

Cuddles to Teddy and (((hugs))) to you, Alex... x