Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #1

1 owner needs new home

Would someone please like to adopt me? I am house trained, cook my own food and DON't have the runs!

Teddy and Cooper both now have the runs, and the reason for it! They have both been sneaking food out of each others bowls. HiLife obviously doesn't agree with Coop and vice versa for Teddy with Whiskas. So what do I do now? It would be virtually impossible to feed them seperately without seperating them altogether again. I desperately need to find a food that agrees with them both. Any ideas?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #2

Re: 1 owner needs new home

Is there anything they both can eat? if so swop to this what is it that doesn't agree with the other.

I was lucky Oz got the rund after drinking milk but he seemed to realise and avoided it

Catsey Veteran

30-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #3

Dry food doesn't agree with Teddy so we put him on HiLife kitten wet which cleared him up brilliantly. Cooper has always been fed on 1 pouch of whiskas a day with whiskas kibble to munch on too. He has now been shoving Teddy out of the way to eat the HiLife and having already tried Teddy on whiskas wet we know that doesn't agree with his tummy either but he is nicking Coops.Aaarrghhh!!!

Now I have no idea what to do!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #4

Try a different wet food. Experiment, try the tinned food maybe even tinned Whiskas, see what happens move on slowly if that does not suit either.

My Cleo can't eat dry food of any sort makes her throw up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
02-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #5

Switching straight to something else can give cats a dodgy stomach. Can you try to wean on of them onto the other's food by mixing in a very small amount and gradually increasing it? It's the same hassle of watching them like a hawk when they eat, but possibly for a shorter time.

Catsey Veteran

02-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #6

What I have done, because they both are still runny, is put them both onto chicken breast for the next few days (hear my bank manager weep) and them I am going to VERY slowly start to reintroduce them both onto the same food ie asda tiger kitten. This was recommended to me because it is not as rich as other foods for delicate tummies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #7

One of mine had a bit of a funny tummy to begin with, I put him and his brothers on Burgess Super biscuits, and they are all fine now..

Catsey Veteran

02-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #8

Never heard of those ones Moli, where do you get them from?