Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #1

Little problem in the mouth

Don't know what was wrong with Chester this morning - either he had something caught in his mouth, had eaten something which had irritated his gum or Bentley had caught him with a claw whilst playing ... or maybe none of the above, some other issue. Anyway, he was gurning, flashing his tongue out at odd angles and pawing and clawing at his (closed) mouth. Quite a performance, but nothing like the performance we had trying to see if there was anything obvious we could resolve. Rolled him up in a big towel, laid him on his back on my lap, OH was there with the torch, I prised his mouth open, looked, couldn't see much, one paw came out of the towel, then a back foot, than another back foot, then the second front paw ... what a wriggly squiggly writhey slithey little boy he was!
Anyway, upshot was that there appeared to be nothing stuck in his mouth but there is a small patch of reddenned gum. Reckon he'd got some sort of minor damage and it was uncomfortable for him for a while. He's much calmer now, but still patting it occasionally. Still managing to eat and drink so I reckon he'll be OK!
Update
I think he may have been stung! He's a little swollen one side and I think that would account for his behaviour. Poor little chap, but he'll be OK in the morning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #2

Re: Little problem in the mouth

Poor mite!!! Balie got stung when he was a kitten. The sting stayed in his lip and we had a right performance chasing him; me with tweezers and hubby with towel.

Sting was duly removed and wasps/bees haven't been chased since

I hope silly Chester doesn't go eating stingable bugs in the future!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #3

Hope Chester has recovered well from his playtime with the bee/wasp!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #4

Ahhh poor lad one of the mishaps of being a kitten but I bethe doesn't recall what did it as there would be a delayed reaction. Hope he's okay soon.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #5

Awww, poor little guy! Love your description of trying to check his mouth as he did his Houdini escape feat!! I bet he DOES remember: two of mine got bee stings and never ever again chased one, although flies were fair game...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #6

He's fine this morning!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
31-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #7

Awwww bless him, and I am glad to read today hes fine - no more chasing wasps/bees ! x