Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #1

Cleo to the vets

I took Cleo to the vets a two weeks ago - as some of you may know - and he gave her three shots, Retarbolin/Laur, Metoclopramide, Depo Medrone, she has CRF like Oscar and Elaine's Winston, but she is loosing weight, she went 2 weeks ago today and weighed 4.8kilo's tonight exactly 2 weeks later she weighs 4.1 killo's which is a loss of over 1lb which is a lot for a small cat in a fortnight. She has had two more jabs tonight, Retarbolin/Laur and the Depo-Medrone.

We go back in 4 weeks unless I am concerned.........just to let you know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
17-06-2006, 01:18 AM   #2

Re: Cleo to the vets

Thin as a rail is fine, if she's healthy and happy, which she seems to be?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
17-06-2006, 02:20 AM   #3

lets hope this works doe her

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-06-2006, 02:45 AM   #4

Oh, I do hope she's doing better...that is quite a weight loss...is she eating OK? Please give her ((hugs)) from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #5

That is a lot of weight loss - even allowing for the fact that it is summer. However, it needn't be all bad news - lightweight is better for heart etc. She still weighs considerably more than Min did a month ago before she took ill.
She must be on a different regime than Min. She has a daily tab of Fortekor, a side effect of which is increased appetite!

So, wise up Cleo - there's lots of this lovely summer still to come. Eat up all your dinners, cod roe and canned spaghetti.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #6

It's a fair weight loss kazz, let's hope that it starts to stabilise now. I know some drugs have the side effect of increased appetite as my vet tried them iwith Lucky...really hope she has a good summer Kazz x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #7

Thanks all, I know I sound like a mother hen but she's my Cleo , and to be honest just the thought of thinking of loosing her makes me unable to see the keyboard through the tears. Stupid eh? Oh well onward and upward its a new day.

She is fine today even pottered round the garden and stationed herself under the beed feeder - I knew because thebirds were scereaming out "danger" sounds - ie "cat, cat, cat, go away cat"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #8

Not stupid at all Kazz, I know exactly how you must be feeling. She may surprise you though, I can remember countless time when I thought it was almost the end for my old boy and then he'd bounce back, gain a few pounds and feel a little more playfull again.
Am thinking of you both xxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
17-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #9

Fingers crossed that it was just a one off weight loss. I battled with weight probs for months with PEbbles, I know how worrying it can be (but every blood test we did on her showed no health probs, even when the vet thought she had). Fingers crossed the meds help her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
17-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #10

((((((huggles)))))) x