Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #1

It's arrived!!

Woohoo....my new Dyson has arrived!!

Got it all assembled and couldn't wait to use it....even though I had vacuumed top to bottom yesterday

Verdict? ~ I only did the lounge and hall and I was embarassed by what had collected in the container It's amazing! I decided on the Animal ball model in the end and it's so much easier to manoeuvre than my previous Electrolux......just a flick of the wrist and it turns so easily...I haven't found it noisy either, or too cumbersome...

Happy cleaning days ahead!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
02-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #2

Re: It's arrived!!

*jealous*

I want one!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
02-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #3

Could you come do our place as well, as a "test"? {looks hopeful} Can't abide hoovering - very dull. : /

Glad it's a success!

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #4

DYSON ARE AMAZING
I did the old hoover test when I got mine, hoovered the carpet, even went over and over it determined this dyson WASNT going to pick up any more dirt than my old hoover.
From the house we got almost half a container of dirt AFTER hoovering.

We got the older animal model, it isnt the ball one, but has a nifty little attachement that is super for getting fur off sofas.

Wouldnt be without my dyson.
the only thing I will say is watch the tube, i've gone through about one a year and only recently got told why.

You know you pull the metal part out of the plastic part to use the tube right? ( as in slide it out) well i thought that was it, but the guy in the repair shop said no it isnt, to get the most life out of your tube you need to disconnect the metal part entirely, turn it over, and connect the plastic tube t the part of the metal tube that was the top. this then gives you a little handle at the top of the tube and stops the metal part digging into the plastic part.

I didnt know that and I had the dyson three years!!!!

theyre amazing though arent they, well worth the money.

Oh and in case you dont know, you CAN have them serviced and get parts for them. Services are fab, they come back all clean and sparkling and fixed lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #5

Be careful you don't wear it out Mags, Must admit, I like the dyson, although don't like to see the muck I pick up every day!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #6

lol we won't see Mags for a bit I reckon!!!! lol and don't hoover your mattress with a dyson if it is a few years old

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #7

glad im not the only one that hoover my matress!!!
my hubby thinks i am nuts. mind you i do actually get up on the bed with it!

mags still hoovering?

isnt it amazing though to see how much dirt you collect around the house each day? makes me wanna hoover more than once a day, which i do now. I hoover whole house twice a day lol

Global Moderator

02-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #8

I feel like a kid with a new toy...it's great! I think that seeing all that muck that is picked up gives you an incentive for hoovering!

Oh, and yes CJ, I vacuum my mattress too.......but I will be care with this one!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
You know you pull the metal part out of the plastic part to use the tube right? ( as in slide it out) well i thought that was it, but the guy in the repair shop said no it isnt, to get the most life out of your tube you need to disconnect the metal part entirely, turn it over, and connect the plastic tube t the part of the metal tube that was the top. this then gives you a little handle at the top of the tube and stops the metal part digging into the plastic part.

Ehhh? What you mean??????????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #10

Well done on a good choice Mags!!!