Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 English Moggies
20-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #1

Poppys vet visit today..............:(

My sweet beautiful Poppy.
Took her today to see why she was losing weight etc. Before I opened her basket the vet asked me what her problems were. I described them and she gave me 4 diagonisis'.
1. Renal Failure
2. Kidney disease
3. Thyroid ( which I thought)
4. Teeth disease.

She took Poppy out and obviously loved her instantly as anyone who meets her do. She is such a gentle tender lady.
She thought her kidneys were enlarged, no. 2. Then she frowned and I knew instantly that was not a good sign. It wasnt her kidneys but tumours which are enlarging her gut so her kidneys were pushed away.
I knew by the expression on the vets face, she didnt know what to say. I have been through alot with Poppy & Barney so I said it for her. YES! she said. sooner than later.
Tomorrow..........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #2

Re: Poppys vet visit today..............:(

Laura I'm so sorry. I've been there recently too.
Hugs to you and remember, this is the final loving act for your lovely friend. Love her and let her go. I'm so sorry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
20-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #3

Laura i',m so very sorry...and so soon after dear old Barney too..my thoughts are with you all right now
Its really an unenviable place to be, but sadly where we all have to be at one time or another...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #4

I am so sorry it's not an easy place to be with a poorly cat, but please try to remember Poppy has no idea what is going on so she is not worried or stressed although she may be slightly under the weather cats have no preconception of time, the future etc.
And you have done the best you can for her, and you love her therefore she will be go as she lived feeling safe and much loved.

Please take care I know its hard almost impossible at times but you know you have made the right choice for your cat the beautiful and gentle Poppy.

Karen

Catsey Junior

20-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Laura I'm so sorry. I've been there recently too.
Hugs to you and remember, this is the final loving act for your lovely friend. Love her and let her go. I'm so sorry.
I know Tizzie was amongst the flowers on the final morning I hope I get a picture as sweet as that.
xxxxxxxxxxxlove to you as I know the pain will still be raw.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Catsey Junior

20-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Laura i',m so very sorry...and so soon after dear old Barney too..my thoughts are with you all right now
Its really an unenviable place to be, but sadly where we all have to be at one time or another...
I dont know Luke what I have done to deserve to lose two so special pets so close together. I am distraught.

Catsey Junior

20-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I am so sorry it's not an easy place to be with a poorly cat, but please try to remember Poppy has no idea what is going on so she is not worried or stressed although she may be slightly under the weather cats have no preconception of time, the future etc.
And you have done the best you can for her, and you love her therefore she will be go as she lived feeling safe and much loved.

Please take care I know its hard almost impossible at times but you know you have made the right choice for your cat the beautiful and gentle Poppy.

Karen
Thankyou Karen, I think she is a very clever cat and knows me well. She may even of guessed herself by now. I cry hugging her and she clings to me bless her. Im dying inside.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
20-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #8

Take your time saying goodbye, at least you have that.
I'm so sorry - dreadful decision to have to make, no matter how "obvious".
{{hug}}

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luz
Thankyou Karen, I think she is a very clever cat and knows me well. She may even of guessed herself by now. I cry hugging her and she clings to me bless her. Im dying inside.
Of course she's a clever cat she knows you as well as you know her, and thats another reason your descision is the right one.
I found it unbearably hard to choose to have my Oscar PTS on Dec 18th last year 23 years is a long time and Cleo is a little "off colour now" so I have an inkling of how you feel but remember she has had a good life with you, and she is loved by someone who has nothing but the her best interest at heart.

Take care of yourself and I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
20-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #10

Very sorry to hear that news Luz. My first Cat had identical symptoms, the kidneys were not enlarged they were pushed outwards by a large tumour. In all honesty I dont think "Snowball" was really in any pain/discomfort, but he would of been, so like you I chose to end it for him and give him the dignity he deserved, without the pain he would of had. Its the right decision, albeit an incredibly hard one.
Dawn.