Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-05-2006, 04:03 PM   #1

Square foot gardening

My sister was telling me that she and BIL are doing this. Sounds a good idea and is meant to give good yields. No heavy digging is attractive too! Here's a book http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...847406-3723632
but I found lots of references under google too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #2

Re: Square foot gardening

Very interesting DM I am certain a few weeks ago Monty Don was doing something on allotments he was at an allotment in Handsworth B'ham and I an sure he spoke to a chap who had been doing a very similar thing for many many years the chap was from India orginaly and had brought the idea (or similar) from there.

He said it worked well for him especially as he'd gotten older he was in his late 80's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #3

Ju says it's good for veggie patches around the house because it looks so much prettier than stuff just lined up in rows.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
07-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #4

Have your own patch-work quilt *and* eat it! Sounds good. Now to get a garden that will divide into squares.... (I garden in tubs atm.)