Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #1

Naming cats

I popped into the nursery (for plants) I used to go to a lot a lovely place run by a family the old old chap has died now but his sons who are in the 70's run it along with their greatnephew you have to search to find someone to pay I leave my money under the brick. Well I saw their cats and they have two new ones called Spud and Carrot, and the old one is called a Dahlia.

They are always named after plants or flowers, since I've been going they have had Daisy, Herb, Acer, and the dog a Jack Russell is called Poppy

So they name their cats in particular after plants/flowers a good theme I think, one I will consider especially as I love gardening.

So can you think of names for cats based around your passion ie food, Pizza,cheese. etc or football Beckham,Georgie (Best)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #2

Re: Naming cats

I definately like the flower/plant idea Kazz but I reckon you could come up with some brilliant names using various themes......will have to start thinking now!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
16-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #3

I had enough trouble thinking of names for my two - could never come up with a theme!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-04-2006, 03:30 PM   #4

we had a food theeme.
Oatmeal and his brother whow as called piclahrd and then twix lol

But twix's sister was called mcgonagal (after harry potter) but maggie for short.
(didnt like my idea of snickers)

princess and mr darcy were jsut names that popped into our heads