Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
20-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #1

Anybody in the Greater Manchester area??

My vets had a 10 year old taken to be pts last week - apparently he wasn't eating or drinking and was soiling the house. One of the receptionists took him home, and he is eating and drinking well - he does have the runs, but it may be due to a change in diet. Her German Shepherd doesn't like the cat though, so we do need to find an alternative home for him, or they may have to comply with the owners original wish. I can't help until the beginning of April, as I am having some major home imps done between now and then, and already 5 cats to keep safe. I am talking to the vet later on today, so may know more then

Almost a Veteran Member

21-03-2006, 12:06 AM   #2

Re: Anybody in the Greater Manchester area??

Have spoken to the vet, and she is suspicious that he has something underlying, so not sure what will happen to him yet - if he has an illness, it is unlikely that we will find someone to take him on (I really can't afford another sick cat, and that woudl take me to 4 permanent and 1 long term cats, so fostering would be tricky)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
21-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #3

Poor Kitty - I cannot help Im Bristol - but hope he finds a new home and not have an illness or be put to sleep x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #4

Fingers crossed that it is nothing serious and he will make a full recovery and be lucky enough to find a new loving forever home x

Almost a Veteran Member

21-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #5

I don't think there is going to be a happy ending for this cat - he can't stay at the vets, as my branch aren't supposed to keep cats overnight, and I have no room due to home imps next week - the woman I foster for also has no room, and the only other rescue I know that do take in oldies have been saying they are full since September. Although I might ring them anyway.

Almost a Veteran Member

24-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #6

Can anyone tell me how to edit the title of this? The cat is still safe, the vet was holding him to see if his diarrhea passed, and it has. He has also had bloodtests and his organs are all fine, so we all want to give him a chance. He has to go out of the area though. He is pure black, very friendly and affectionate, and doens't mind other cats and dogs. I am picking him up tonight, but would prefer if an alternative home could be found for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #7

BT - I am not sure that you will be able to change the title of this thread now. PM Az and see if can help

Great news about the cat! Hope he soon finds that forever loving home he so needs x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
24-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #8

sorry cant help, hope all is well

Almost a Veteran Member

24-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #9

Well, the vet forgot to pick the cage up for me!! The receptionist is going to try taking him home over the weekend - despite her husband saying she could only have one cat!! So fingers crossed for him - everyone at the surgery loves him. They will let me know next week how they have got on and if they still need me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
25-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #10

Fingers crossed for the kitty here x