Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #1

Fantasy dinner party

OK, you and your partner (if applicable) can host a dinner party (someone else will do the catering, or maybe it will be at a restaurant - doesn't matter).

Which 4 people will you invite? and why? Must be 'here and now' - i.e. alive now, & current age.

OK, I'll have

Frank Gardener - BBC correspondent, shot in Riyhad last year. Always thought he talked a lot of sense. Heard him several times recently. He is very well informed about middle east & terror groups and has a fascinating past.

Michael Parkinson - such a good talker and easer-outer of interesting facts. He'd be the proxy host, so i could just eat and listen!

Michael Palin - been everywhere, seen everything, and amusing with it

I'd better have a woman. Can I have an either/or?

Condoleezza Rice - to hear more about her growing up in a southern state and find out what it's like to work with/for George Bush
or
Shirley Williams - British politics from a female point of view from the avuncular Jim Callaghan, escaping the rabid Labour years to the SDP and then the LibDems. Also daughter of Vera Brittain - author of that so sad book, Testament of Youth, about the ridiculous fulility of WW1

Catsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #2

Re: Fantasy dinner party

Nobody want to play this game?
*picks up ball, kicks a stone and heads for home, wiping nose on back of sleeve; sniff*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #3

DM - I did start to reply but couldn't think of enough people. Let me have another think and 'I'll get back to you on that one '

Catsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #4

Ralph Fiennes; eyecandy, but he's also a superb actor and a very bright man

George Bush; I'd like to know if the man really is stupid or uber-cunning

Itzchak Tarkay; an Israeli, neo-classical artist and one of my favourite for the last 15 years. I would love to hear about his Lautrec-inspired paintings and about his inspiration.

Madhur Jaffrey; amazing cook, intelligent woman with a wonderful family history.

I could go on . . . there are so many amazing people with great stories to tell and experiences to share I think the problem is choosing who to ask and which combination would work best. So ignore me saying I couldn't think of anyone - I think it's more a case of couldn't whittle it down enough

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-01-2006, 03:34 PM   #5

robbie williams- cos he so sexy and I love his music. He also seems to ahve a nice personality
ben affleck_ cos he's cute! and sexy! and i could just keep him in the cupboard!
adam sandler cos he is soooo funny, and a little bit gorgeous

and lastly....

thiery henry -gotta love those legs!!!

Catsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #6

Better make it a lunch party Yola - Dubya likes to be in bed way before 10pm apparently!
Madhur Jaffray is fascinating!

Catsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Better make it a lunch party Yola - Dubya likes to be in bed way before 10pm apparently!

Noooo!!! You're having a laff!!!! Well that confirms that the bloke is a muppet of the extreme order With the amount of work he should be having to do to keep on top of the mess he's created I'm surprised he has any time to sleep!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
31-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #8

Asked my daughter Emma (11) and she said:

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen - American actress twins
Lindsay Lohan - American actress
Orlando Bloom - Actor (she fancies him!!)
Celine Dion

Thinking about this, I would be fascinated to have a survivor of the Titanic at my dinner table to tell of their nightmare voyage. Could go down the route of Robbie (as I would love that) but think there are far more interesting choices - Princess Diana - just to hear her side of the story.

Bob Geldof and Elvis Presley.What amazing men they are.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #9

i love Lindsay Lohan films, my 7 year old says it's not cool for a boy his age to watch chick flicks!!

where do they get it from?