Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #1

Lucky isn't eating...

For the last few days, Lucky won't eat. She seems hungry and is talking to me all the time to feed her but no matter what I offer her she just won't eat. She ate a little cooked turkey earlier, but not enough to feed a sparrow Any ideas for something tasty to tempt her with. She doesn't do tuna or any fish come to that
Hubby has noticed she has lost weight and she really has no weight on her as it is without losing any

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #2

Re: Lucky isn't eating...

When Cassie won't eat I usually steam her some cod or coley....she won't touch the fishy cat food in tins but she loves steamed fish. You could also try Lucky with some boiled or steamed chicken breast, I find that works as well. I hope she gets her appetite back soon Fran....

I usually keep the packets of 4 fish blocks in the freezer so that I've always got some to hand when she is off her food.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #3

Has she got a favourite food PK? Usually strong smelling food will tempt a cat....

Catsey Veteran

11-12-2005, 10:34 PM   #4

I'll have to try the steamed fish Mags. Recently, she has been very fond of the gourmet type cat meals but at the minute she doesn't even seem bothered about these She has just had a slice of hubby's ham off the bone which was for his sandwiches tomorrow and she ate the whole slice..so at least she has had something

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
11-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #5

How old is she Fran? any other symptoms?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
11-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #6

if she,s still like it 2morrow get her to the vets for a check up.is she drinking??

Catsey Veteran

11-12-2005, 10:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
How old is she Fran? any other symptoms?
Dawn.
She is 18 Dawn..Recently she had the episodes of falling over. All her blood tests were normal and the vet has put these incidents down to old age/loss of muscle tone/slight arthritis?? Infact the vet couldn't believe how good she was for her age But things are really going down hill with her..she is very unsettled a lot of the time and now is not eating. She had some steroid tablets to help with the falling over and has now finished these but she can have a repeat script and keep on them for the rest of her life but tbh the falling over isn't very bad at the minute...

Catsey Veteran

11-12-2005, 10:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
if she,s still like it 2morrow get her to the vets for a check up.is she drinking??
Yes she is drinking as per ususal. Probably will get her checked over tomorrow BM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
11-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Yes she is drinking as per ususal. Probably will get her checked over tomorrow BM
id do it just for peace of mind.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #10

Also something to consider is that I believe the steriod tablets might have increased her hunger therefore as she is now no longer on them perhaps her appetite has just gone into a bit of a low.

I would get her back to the vets.