Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #1

Cat toys

I thinking of buying my cats a Panic mouse for Christmas However, I have also seen Kitty-Go-Krazy for sale which looks a little better value for money. Anyone any experience of either of these and which if any is better than the other??

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #2

Re: Cat toys

Fran, if I remember rightly, Abbi bought one for her cats last year and they weren't interested in it......she did advertise it for sale on here.

Catsey Veteran

30-11-2005, 11:47 PM   #3

Oh right I'll have a look back then and see if I can see which it was. The panic mouse has come highly recommended to me by quite a few people. Especially with Maud, Claude and Clooney still at the playful stage I thought it would be a good idea

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #4

This was her for sale post...http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/s...ht=panic+mouse

Catsey Veteran

30-11-2005, 11:51 PM   #5

Yes I have just seen it Mags Maybe I will have a rethink then

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-12-2005, 12:06 AM   #6

The best cats toy you can get is from any major supermarket or even butchers - what is it silver foil rolled into a small ball they will go for hours
Following that I have always found a table tennie ball

Or those really cheap tiny little mice (normally like velvet things about 20p or so from cats protection normally) About mouse size

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2005, 12:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
The best cats toy you can get is from any major supermarket or even butchers - what is it silver foil rolled into a small ball they will go for hours
Following that I have always found a table tennie ball

Or those really cheap tiny little mice (normally like velvet things about 20p or so from cats protection normally) About mouse size

They are always loosing the ball type toys under the hi-fi cabinet, tv cabinet etc etc, plus which Maddie (Labrador Retriever) thinks all balls in our house belong to her They don't seem interested in the tiny mice type toys

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #8

Fran I gave up buying my two anything many years ago and they haven't noticed yet, so don't worry.

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2005, 12:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Fran I gave up buying my two anything many years ago and they haven't noticed yet, so don't worry.
I agree for the older ones Kazz, but Maud, Claude and Clooney really need something to play with rather than charging around the house at unearthly times of the day and night chasing each other

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-12-2005, 09:23 AM   #10

My daughter has a Panic Mouse and her orientals enjoy it.
However, they also like paper, leaves, tiny toy mice, the long whippy toy thing and spiders

There is a sort of 'ball in a maze' toy, whose name I can't remember, which sounds good. You know how much cats like 'accidentally' pushing something in a corner or under the sofa and then lying on their side for ages, arm outstretched, trying to winkle it out