Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
16-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #1

Lion cubs

as you all know i have a vast family, and we all have 1 downfall we are like cats and cant stay in one place for too long. well let me rephrase that, we all like change once in a while. An aunt of mine, Avril, moved out to kenya in the late seventies with her family, they moved to a desolate farm in the middle of Kenya, my aunt Avril got a job as a nurse in a local hospital and her husband, my uncle keith had a job in the airports, he was a pilot.
Anyways they have lived there for many years now, and we keep in contact via phone and email regually, and well we had a phone call yesterday and we were given news my aunt and family were fostering 2 lion cubs in there house they have worked with a local charity for orphaned wildlife for many years, volounteering mainly, but this time was different these were around 4 day old Lion Cubs, that have to be fed from the bottle and have constant care, it was hard apparentlly to do so in the centre so my aunt volunteered to have them at her home, she was laughing with the head of the centre saying back in england i raised many a litter of kittens, the only difference now the kittens are probably the sized of Irish Wolfhound puppies

But yes i am astonished that she has 2 lioness cubs in her home, my mum kept giggling and saying that my aunt avrisl house will be life born free soon

but yes i thought i would share it with you, considering lions are a cat species. Just wish i could get photos of them

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
16-11-2005, 10:11 PM   #2

Re: Lion cubs

Hi Luke ...that would make some lovely photos..and to have a progress report as they grow up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #3

I agree with John, is there any way you get get some piccies? We would love to see them

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
16-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #4

no pictures im afraid, my aunt doesnt own a digi cam or a scanner, a shame, but i will keep you updated

Catsey Veteran

16-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #5

What a shame Luke But updates would be lovely

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-11-2005, 10:21 PM   #6

Perhaps she could send some ordinary photos to you Luke then you could get them on here.....

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
16-11-2005, 10:22 PM   #7

oooh i will suggest that, aunty avril is a little in the dark ages, she has a very tired PC which sends out emails once in a luna moon she isnt one for technology any more, so will have to see if she even uses a normal camera....

Catsey Veteran

16-11-2005, 11:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Perhaps she could send some ordinary photos to you Luke then you could get them on here.....
Now there's a thought Mags...good idea

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #9

Just out of interest Luke, how many aunts have you got all together?

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
16-11-2005, 11:52 PM   #10

welll...coincidentlly i have just been talking to het about a similar topic.......
on my mums side there are 7girls, including herself, and 2 boys, and another boy aswell but from another marriage. on my dads side there was just him and his sister, so i have in total 7 aunts, all very perculiar to put it politley, and dont get me started on the rest of the family