Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
28-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #11

Re: Eva and the Reiki Master

Poor girl! It sounds like she's very attached to you, which is flattering! It's just a shame she makes herself poorly over it My old cat was very dearly attached to me (when I was a kid) and when I went away for a week he refused to eat and sat by the door that led up stairs for the whole week. He was fine as soon as I came back, they do get themselves in such a tizz. It'd just be nice to know we can go away for a few days guilt-free!

Good luck again, and do give us all the details. I've had a reiki session myself and I did feel very funy during and after it (in a good way) so I'd be interested to hear how a cat reacts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #12

Very interesting. Bob is a really nice guy, Bernie loved him instantly but that wasnt surprising as Bernie loves every one. Eva is normally very aloof around stangers but was quite curious around Bob.
We chatted for a while about Eva and about Reiki and Bach flower remedies. Then he sat on the floor in the hall, where Eva was. He didnt touch her but held his hands out to her and spoke softly, allowing her to sniff and brush against him, she did seem very calm and gave him lots of slow blinks before settling herself down infront of him. Bob sat there for around 20 minutes to half an hour.
When he came back into the living room we chatted a little more. He seems to think that she was accepting the Reiki and thinks its worth pursuing in conjunction with the Bach flower remedies.
I gave him a sample of her hair, with that he will dowse over it to find out her emotional state etc, from there he will know which Bach flower remedies will suit her needs.
We have another session next tuesday morning. It will be very interesting to find out what he comes back with.
I am not convinced at this stage but am willing to pursue iit a little further because Eva is worth it and her well being is worth it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #13

I suspend judgement also until you and Eva have seen him again. Sounds as if he could be a cat whisperer which would be IMO even better!

Catsey Veteran

30-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #14

It may well be that she reacted so calmly because she'd managed to poo, who knows...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #15

Very interesting . . . I don't know much about Reiki but I do have a lot of faith in alternative therapies so I'm really hoping this works for Eva.

I'm glad you're sticking with it for a bit, look forward to hearing how you get on

Almost a Veteran Member

30-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #16

Fascinating!

I do believe that alternative medicines work, and whilst not all practioners are as 'good' as they claim, I do think these things hold a certain place and power. But it is best to hold back until you've seen him again.

My mum, through her work, met a woman who can 'talk' to all animals. Apparently she's an animal psychic and she can literally 'hear' what they want, their thoughts, and communicate with them. She isn't a 'sell-out', hasnt published books, doesn't tour, doesn't offer her services apart from to close friends. And for that reason I believe her more. Apparently she went to the stables before the horse racing and the horses told her who they thought would win, and they were right! I know that might sound far-fetched to some, but I always go into things with an open mind...

Once I was going to buy a siamese kitten (about a year ago) and my mum asked her friend about this (just in passing conversation). The friend thought about it for a while and said she would avoid it due to genetic problems and poor breeding. Sure enough, the kittens were born and several were quite ill with weak joints etc.

It would be simply an amazing ability to be able to communicate with animals! Sounds like Bob definately has a way with them, if Eva was giving him slow blinks and lay down in front of him Good luck with it Elaine!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #17

That's very interesting Elaine, even with Bob being a comparative stranger to Eva, she still managed to show some interest in him..

I'll look forward to your report on next week's appointment.

Catsey Veteran

30-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #18

I have decided not to give her Zelkyne tablets for now and to wait and see how she goes with the Reiki, other wise if she did become more relaxed, I wouldnt know which treatment was helping her and which i was waisting my money on.
I have an open mind about these things coz i beleive that if a little relaxation can be acheived by them, then thats half the battle.

Almost a Veteran Member

30-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I have an open mind about these things coz i beleive that if a little relaxation can be acheived by them, then thats half the battle.
Very true!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
30-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #20

That's interesting Elaine. I don't know much about reiki either but am very open minded when it comes to complementary and alternative therapies. I do use homeopathic treatments on my cats and have also used herbal and Bach flower remedies.

Believing in them is half the battle and anything that helps is definitely worth a try.

Keep us posted.