Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #91

Re: Eva and the Reiki Master

I've been very interested in this thread Elaine. It's great that reiki has heped Eva and that Bob has demonstrated his healing skills. I think a lot more credit is due to 'alternative' therapy that traditional medicine will allow. Certainly the mind has powers we have not tapped into yet.

I think it's bizzare and not a little unfair that reiki is seen as a little 'kooky' or unscientific when there has been evidence of success. After all, medical men are happy to accept that psychotherapy and CBT are worthy but not other healing therapies.

I have two friends going through cancer treatment at the moment, both are having medicine ( chemo and radiotherapies) and both have poor prognoses. Yet they have reached out to spiritual healing in different ways and they are both here long after the doctors expected. Yes, the power of love is so strong, I bet Eva feels that all around her and will overcome.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Hope madam behaves herself!

Have you ever tried TT on her Elaine? Circling one and a quarter circles on her skin, not hard, but with enough pressure to move the skin. There was an article on our local TV of someone doing it on a very exciteable dog - it really worked for him)
I often do that on the top of Cassie's head - she almost goes into a trance and dribbles! It must have a calming influence on her though as she purrs for Britain after!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #93

Well Eva made Bob work for his pennies today by not staying in one place he picked up on a stiffness in her left shoulder which he felt meant that she needed a little balance on that side. He also picked up on relationships via her chest area, then she promptly went to smack Bernie
All in all he felt that all she needs a little top up here and there but feels that she has improved alot. We discussed her changes and have concluded that we are never going to turn her into a soft lump but we are both happy that she looks and seems much happier with herself.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
18-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #94

Wonderful news Elaine! It's good he's realistic about it too, that you can't give a cat (or person) a new personality but you can restore balance From what you've said of Eva throughout the whole process it definately sounds like she's much calmer.