Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
09-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #1

being wary

ive had cass since she was 6wks old an she's now nearly 11mnths,u'd think she'd be a bit more used to everyday things,naaaaaaaa not her!

she DOES try n dominate over my 15yr old cat

she's still wary of me tho,will only come see me when SHE wants,i give her treats n she just looks at it as if its alien

she's still people wary but getting better,BUT loves noise outside,runs to the window not away from weird cat!

im taking her to the vet on friday to get a flea injection as she wont let me put anything on,she see's it n makes a face,it took me 3 days to put this much <----> on her

Catsey Senior

10-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #2

Re: being wary

any thoughts???????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #3

Think she's maybe just not a people cat?

Maybe ensure you feed her with you holding the dish, try her fav food as hand held treats etc.

Probably best to let the two of them work out their own pecking order as you can't be with them 24/7

Probably less stressful for her to let vet give her treatments rather than you doing it a bit at a time.

Hope that helps a bit?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #4

From Elaine's experience with Eva, I wonder whether Reiki therapy might help your cat???

Catsey Senior

10-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #5

the only concern i have of Reiki is,if she dont like people how will it help,as she wouldnt let anyone go near her???

even me as the only one she knows has problems,

its great funny trying to get all my 3 out the living room b4 i go to work,i tackle her last an resort to throwing pennies into the hall for her to chase,its mad!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #6

what is her history, where did you get her from, was she used to people before you got her?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #7

Hiya.
Reiki may not be for all cats/animals. The guy who came to do Eva's sessions said that she may not take to it. She too was not at all people friendly although she would be clingy with me, she wouldnt sit on my lap or anything like that but she loves to sleep in the sleeves of my jackets. The only time she gets cuddly with me is when I go to bed, then she will lie on my chest or on my pillow.
Reiki didnt involve any physical contact. What Bob did was, he took a small hair sample and made up a blend of Bach flower remedies specifically for her. I gave her 5 drops of that daily in her food, twice a day. The actual reiki, he would sit in the same room as her, at a comfortable distance for both of them and he would begin by talking soothingly to her then hold his hands, palms out towards her. Sometimes she would wonder from room to room with Bob following and other times she just lay and took it.
I honestly didnt think it was going to work but it has, the change was subtle but looks like she has benefited enormously from it.
No harm looking into such things, if they help, great and if they dont, well you just have to find something that will.
I love Eva and all her little quirks but just felt that she needed a little balance and peace with in, personally I think she got that from the reiki.
I hope you find something to help your dear kitty too.

Catsey Senior

10-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #8

ive had her since she was 6 wks old,where she lived b4 i think had kids coming in and out all the time,the box they were kept in was in the livingroom,so she was used to everyday noises,she was in a litter of 4,even in the womans house she was fine with me holding her,not with my friend tho,i guess she chose me as much as i chose her

i live alone n dont see many people,unlike my other cat who got used to kids being around most of the time (my cousins when they were small),she doesnt get that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #9

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=28711

Here's the link to the full story if you are interested.