Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
28-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #11

Re: Stressy cats being sedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Thanx Sarah, it is the same stuff that i have used before but no harm trying again. I just get fed up stressing her out by taking her to the vets only for her to go back into the carrier with out anything being done to her coz she is in such a state, and then i still have to pay for the consult
Aww Elaine you poor thing it must be awful to see her in that state. I hope you find a solution x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #12

Didnt think of those Alex. How was Broxy on them?
Think I might actually call round a few vets over the next few weeks and explain to them what she is like and ask how they would deal with her. Have been thinking about changing vets anyway coz i am not too happy with one or two of the vets in the practice.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #13

They didn't stop Broxi from yowling all the time, but he was a lot calmer about going into the box etc and did doze off a few times (the silence was deafening lol). You just have to start giving them about 5 days in advance I think it was. Maybe worth a try!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
29-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #14

I sedated Tilly once when I took her to scotland and she was fine. She looked like she was a bit high and most of the way bt she recovered fine and was just fine when we got there you would think nothing had happened to her. I did it myself via injection but I am sure there are other ways as it sound like diva wouldn't tkae to kindly to being jabbed!

Hope something gets sorted out. When I do buster claws I have to wrap hime in a towel would that be an option for you or have you tried it.
sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #15

thatnx Tilly, brought back one or two memories of trying to wrap the Diva in a towel. That in its self took long enough, I think I did manage to get one or two claws clipped that time though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #16

Does anyone else remember Boris in "All Creatures Great and Small"? Elaine's description of The Diva reminds me of that - years ago I know.

Sorry Elaine - I've never tried sedation at all. Smudge always let me trim her dew claws with no protest. Used Feliway diffuser, but with no noticeable effects. I probably would trust a homeopathic sedative, I'll try and see if I can find anything on the net and let you know.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
29-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #17

Elaine we used the nice little yellow pills from the vet and they do knock them out - thats how we moved 30 of our mob last year with no ill effects they are ok for younger cats and we boxed the others and they came with me

We still have the bottles so will look for the name they also were used for the dogs as it kept them quiet with the 8 other cats in the car!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #18

Hi again Elaine. I did look up homoeopathic remedies for cats on the net - there's a lot of info. I found reference to this book:
http://www.natural-animal-health.co....s/bookshop.htm
which you can get from Amazon.

I read on the home page of the above site that "It is against the Law for anyone other than a Veterinary Surgeon to prescribe a Homoeopathic treatment for an animal. You can treat your own animal but, PLEASE, get a veterinary diagnosis first - you need to be certain what you are dealing with." I don't see why, though, I shouldn't recommend the book above. I have another book by George MacLeod "Homoeopathy for pets".

The veterinary practice that I now take Merlin to used to be a homoeopathic practice and I felt that the vets had a different outlook. If you are going to look for another practice in your area, I would recommend you ask around to see if any use homoeopathy - they tend to offer both types of medicine. Good Luck with La Diva!!!