Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #21

Re: Hi there...not the happiest of intros, but it's all I've got right now...

Don, there's no right or wrong way to deal with a loss. We each manage it in our own way, and each reaction is different. Age does not automatically prepare you emotionally for the pain of losing a pet.

Chin up, onwards and upwards . . . Sylvester is watching you and wanting your happiness!

Chat soon

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #22

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Don, you'll never forget Sylvester but your memories will become less painful and a lot happier..

Looking forward to hearing more from you..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #23

So sorry about Sylvester, Don. Hope that you will soon feel like telling us about your other cats and feeling "at home" on Catsey.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengals
10-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #24

Hi and welcome to Catsey. You are among friends here and Im so sorry to read of your loss.I cant take your pain away but I do know how you are feeling at this time as Im sure many of us do. Cliches wotn help. Im sure your being looked down upon by Sylvester with kind loving eyes its the last act of kindness and love we can bestow upon them. Theres another angel up there keeping you safe as you kept them in life. No more pain. Big HUg

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
21-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #25

Hi, I've just read your sad introduction about losing Sylvester, so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how you are feeling, I've just had to have my beloved 10 year old cat Charlie put to sleep on 7th March and I'm feeling heartbroken at the moment and missing him like crazy. He was such a beautiful cat and so funny, he'll always have a special place in my heart and letting him go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It's been 2 weeks since we had him put to sleep and it's getting slightly easier to bear but I still cry over him, but as people have told me time is a healer. It's just hard excepting he's gone.

I hope things are ok with you now and the inicial grief has passed slightly.

take care
Sarah