Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #21

Re: Chloe has forgotten the litter tray exists..

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/bach... 0eEgoddkfJOw

This seems quite cheap - can it be used for cats too? Could i sprinkle some in the water bowl? Both cats would use it so wonder if it would do Misty any harm if she doesnt need it?

Think I need some too!! I am always stressed out and worry all the time - might get a bulk order.

I wont order until someone tells me its ok for pets too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
13-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #22

Yes, it can Donna! I use Rescue Remedy in my cats water when they are stressed - it's good for you too!!

I think a Feliway is a good idea too - or maybe as a cheaper alternative some honeysuckle or valerian spray/drops. I have some valerian drops that I would be happy to post to you if you want? They are meant to calm and relax and I got them for Bernard, but he was past that stage by then and needed the cat shrink!! lol

Do you have them insured? My cat shrink was covered by the insurance.

Other than that (and my earlier advice) I'm not really sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

I think separating them tonight is a good idea. You never know, Chloe might be desperate for some time alone if she really doesn't like Misty. It might do her the world of good

Personally, I wouldn't think about getting another cat. I don't think that gender really has anything to do with it and I'm not sure that would make anything better

Have the two girls lived together from kittens - the whole three years??

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #23

Also, if you are willing to try anything and give homeopathic stuff a try....................I have been giving Arnica to my new boy, Red, as it's good for stress, agitation and fear. I'm not sure if that would be applicable to your girls, but it might help?! It's only about a fiver too, which isn't too bad.

http://secure.dorwest.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ARN15C

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #24

I got them both at six weeks old from different places. Chloe came from a very relaxed quiet home from quite a nice family. Whereas Misty came from a rough area where there were two female cats both had kittens at the same time and lots of rough kids swinging the kittens about. Completely different characters emerged!!!

There is about a six weeks between them in age, so Chloe was here first for about six weeks or so, then Misty came along.

I thought as they were so young they would just snuggle up together but it never happened... Chloe just attacked Misty from day one.

My cats are not insured... just have a credit card at the ready for my pets unfortunately.

As this Rescue Remedy can be used on cats I will definately get some. And I am probably a good candidate for testing it out too - can I buy it in the High Street or only online?

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 07:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
Also, if you are willing to try anything and give homeopathic stuff a try....................I have been giving Arnica to my new boy, Red, as it's good for stress, agitation and fear. I'm not sure if that would be applicable to your girls, but it might help?! It's only about a fiver too, which isn't too bad.

http://secure.dorwest.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ARN15C
Am happy to try herbal stuff. It seems a bit cheaper than the feliway stuff which makes it more affordable.

Have you noticed any difference in Red since you started using it?

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Am happy to try herbal stuff. It seems a bit cheaper than the feliway stuff which makes it more affordable.

Have you noticed any difference in Red since you started using it?
Yes, I would say so. He's been here about 10 days now and it has been a slow process with him and the others, but yesterday and today he seems to have turned a corner I definitely think it's worth a try.

You can buy the Rescue Remedy in Boots.

Do you want me to send you the Valerian drops??

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #27

Thanks for the offer Charlie. I would rather you keep them in case you need them and I will try the Rescue Remedy and separation/own litter tray first.

I dont want to put anyone to any trouble over this

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Thanks for the offer Charlie. I would rather you keep them in case you need them and I will try the Rescue Remedy and separation/own litter tray first.

I dont want to put anyone to any trouble over this
Okay. Best of luck with the separation over the next few days.

Let me know if you change your mind about the drops, as they are just sat in my cupboard

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #29

Thanks for all your suggestions girls, tis such an annoying problem, and sure there is an answer!!

If anyone else has further tips please post as I am sure this is going to be a long process - will update everyone in the morning on how the night goes...

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #30

I shut Chloe in the bathroom last night - she did not like that al all.... but she did use the litter tray for a wee. She had a fluffy rug, bed, food and water and tray in there. She did not eat any food at all which was her dinner

This morning I let her eat in there so Misty couldnt be in sight and she has eaten a small amount of wet food and a few kibbles. Its raining here today so she has not gone outside at all like she normally does in the morning.

She is skulking around the place now - think her night in solitary confinement has made her more on edge than before

I am on a mission to get her to put on a little weight as she is only 6lbs. But she doesnt seem to like ANY food.