Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #21

Re: Daily Shred Thread / Monday..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Donna, have you a Health Visitor you could talk to about it?
No idea Mags!! Had health visitors when the children were babies/toddlers but not since. Dont know whether that is an option. Who would I ask???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #22

This may seem obvious but have you tryed to sit him down and talk to him?
The other thing is to explain a councellor would would be his own special friend that he could talk to and wouldnt tell anyone what he said.

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
This may seem obvious but have you tryed to sit him down and talk to him?
The other thing is to explain a councellor would would be his own special friend that he could talk to and wouldnt tell anyone what he said.
Have tried and tried and tried then tried again to talk to him Jac. He just doesnt really know what is bothering him so he says.

He doesnt want to change school. So feel confident I can rule that out. Think the problems he has got is making it hard to cope at school but dont think the school is the real issue.

Pretty sure its the split between me and his dad. But that was over three years ago. Things have got pretty nasty between the two of us and I think his dad drags him into it. I have kept the kids out of any trouble as much as I can. Think he cant cope with the war zone. Writing a letter to his dad now.

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #24

Sounds like that could be the problem. Ask his Dad not to draw the wee guy into it as it's causing problems.

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Sounds like that could be the problem. Ask his Dad not to draw the wee guy into it as it's causing problems.
Am writing a letter to his dad now Jac. He will take it all wrong no doubt and use it against me, but I have to try.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #26

Donna so sorry...... but as you say all you can do is try. The wee man may open up

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #27

Donna, try to make your ex understand that any friction between the two of you is affecting Sean and must not be shown in front of him. He is at a very impressionable age now and things like shouting and rows between his parents can upset him very badly. You will both need to be calm about this and try to do what is best for Sean.

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Donna, try to make your ex understand that any friction between the two of you is affecting Sean and must not be shown in front of him. He is at a very impressionable age now and things like shouting and rows between his parents can upset him very badly. You will both need to be calm about this and try to do what is best for Sean.
Yes agree fully Mags. I have tried to keep the kids out of everything, but he keeps on dragging them into it. He has been drunk and threatening in front of the kids, he has spat at me in front of the kids, he has called me a wh*** in front of the kids, he has broken into my house, he has stolen from me, he has bullied me.... I wish I never had to speak to him again, but I will do so civil for the sake of the kids.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #29

Didn't realise things were as bad as that Donna, I agree there is not a lot you can do when they behave like that.

Catsey Veteran

23-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Didn't realise things were as bad as that Donna, I agree there is not a lot you can do when they behave like that.
It is bad Mags. He has a police caution because of his harrassment. But still he continues. Mainly by text now, but that in itself is harrassment. He text me the other night and said he hoped I died of aids. I will mention in the letter that I am copying it to the police and my solicitor and should he continue to text abuse then I will get the police involved again...