Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #241

Re: Very worried about Teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie
oh dear i have some what upset you all, my dears im sorry if you find me effensive but i was brought up on a farm and it gives you a different outlook on animals lives. we had farm cats and had been in simular positions with one of ours. sometimes its best for the animal itself not to suffer any further. it must be suffering having to keep changing its diet all the timeand could obviously be suffering stomach pains,animals cant talk unfortunatley so we dont really know what kind of pain there suffering. and for being a vet no im not and none any of you so what right have any of you to advise .
julie...

Have you a crystal ball by any chance who said Teddie is suffering?
You have said that we are not vets and therefore shouldn't give our opinions if thats the case why should your opinion be any different; unless you are a qualified vet and have access to Teddies case history and Teddie then may I ask how you know the case is hopeless?????

On here we support one another though good times and bad as well as the bits inbetween - if you are willing to do that then welcome if not then maybe you should find somewhere else.
We are in essence a family - we may have different points of view on many and varied subjects, yet in the love and care of our cats we are truely united. If you stay around you'll see what I mean.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #242

How is Teddie today Alex? Was she ok after eating the white fish?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #243

She is doing quite well this morning (I got woken by her yowls at 6.45 this morning, demanding to be fed). Very lively today. Hadn't done anything on the floor this morning and hasn't been to the litter tray yet either. She LOVES the fish though, lol. The paste arrived this morning too Fran (((hugs))), so that was straight down her neck, luckily she loves that too. So we will have to see how she goes for the rest of the day.

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #244

All sounds quite promising!! Fingers crossed here x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #245

Pleased to hear things are a bit "quieter" today, Alex.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #246

Sounds good!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #247

forgot to say Fran. loved the little card you put in with the paste, such a cute kittie.

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
forgot to say Fran. loved the little card you put in with the paste, such a cute kittie.
I'm glad you have got it Alex. Hopefully, the paste will help settle Teddie's tum x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
18-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #249

Crikey, I've just spent the last hour reading through this thread from start to finish! Now as you've all been so supportive to me through my very recent trauma, I might be able offer a little hope here.

I had a kitten years ago who was indeed 'the runt of the litter', which is why no one else wanted her of course! She too had constant diarrheoa, and many different treatments were tried. I know exactly what you mean about it running down her legs and all over you/the furniture! I went through 3 vets trying to get her better - and get a firm diagnosis (which I never got), and was getting to the stage where I really thought I'd have to sadly let her go.

Eventually, as a last resort, the vet suggested the invalid diet (which we had tried before of course), but this time keep her on it and nothing else for a long time. This we did - the frozen minced fish and boiled chicken - and slowly, slowly she got better and stronger. It did take 3-4 months I'm afraid, but by the time she was 7 months old, we gradually introduced a more normal diet, and she was fine from thereon in.

She lived a long and happy life with us with no further problems, until she died at 17, an age we never thought she'd see when we first got her.

So don't give up Alex. At the end of the day you know whether she is suffering or not, and I sometimes think these things are much more distressing for us than the cat themselves.

Hope this helps a bit, and good luck to you and Teddy (I had a female Teddy too!).

Sammy.x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #250

Sammy, thank you so much for posting this, I'm sure it will give Alex a lot of encouragement in continuing her battle with Teddie's tum.

It will also give her a boost to read of someone else who has gone through the same problem.....and come out the other side problem free

Thanks again!