Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread/Thursday

Sounds good Yola, especially if it has worked for you before. When is your next visit to the gym?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #12

It's tomorrow. Assessment (BMI, fat content - gulp - weight, height, lung capacity, the full works) and a programme developed for me. I'd like some cardio (x-trainer and treadmill) a few weights but I'd really like to get into the exercise ball and stuff like that. They really work on muscle tone very quickly.

Oh, and they do classes too which are all included in the price. So I'll be doing some of those as soon as I can work out which ones and when (yogalates, body pump etc etc).

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #13

LOL I am sure the assessment will be fine tomorrow. Talking of body fat I got some of those body fat scales at the weekend!!!! LOL sort of wished I hadn't now!!

My gym also does classes, spin, pilates, body pump also but I am too much of a chicken to do one

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #14

Hmm - the only thing I'd never consider doing is spinning. That's waaay to scary! I hate exercise bikes anyway - and the thought of power-biking fills me with dread!

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #15

They do a 30 min spinning class (normal one is 60 mins long!!!! LOL) but I am still too much of a chicken to try it! Perhaps when I get a bit fitter

Also with classes like body pump my co-ordination is terrible, I would be the one person in the class that everybody is sniggering at!

Just out of curiosity is it an independant gym you have joined or a franchise one?

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #16

It's a Fitness First gym - I think they're franchised as they seem to be in lots of locations nationwide. I'd been a member of hotel gyms in the past but they were always so small and full of very agressive salesmen working off their expensed dinner + beer so I thought I'd try a different one.

This one's big and a bit impersonal but it was only my first visit so I'm sure I'll get into the swing of things!

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #17

I have heard good reports about Fitness First, although I use an independant (although very large gym) as there is no franchised ones near enough to where we live.

I think gyms always seem very impersonal to start off with, until you have been going for a week or so.

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #18

Maybe we should start a fitness thread . . . I would love to share ideas with others and find out what works well for anyone else who's embarking on weight loss or body conditioning programmes!

I'll try and remember to start one if I get a minute tomorrow as I'll have my little noisy fella at home with me

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #19

Good idea Yola