Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
07-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #11

Re: cat to rehome

Joe I'm sorry you are hitting problems with your adoption.
We have had reports like this in the past. I really don't know what the answer is. Have you tried the CPL? We have members here who foster for them and do home checks.
I hope the lady that you are seeing on Saturday will be able to help you help a needy cat.
Chin up.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #12

So sorry to hear you are unable to have the little 3 legged boy, it must be so depressing for you to be turned down like that without a home check....

Here are a couple of Rescue links in your area that may help you.....

http://folkestonehythe.cats.org.uk/index.asp?m=hac

http://www.rescuedb.com/Animals/Sear...mal.php?a_id=2

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
07-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #13

I sorry for the loss of your kitty. I sure you will find the right cat for you very soon.

jane

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: not a pedigree
10-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #14

Hello everybody

Well, I finally found a cat, a kitten a little girl, I didn't have the home checked because I think that If you come to check a garden don't do it at 8 o'clock at night. Never mind it's the second time we try to adopt a cat and we had to buy a kitten instead, I don't regret it my girls are brilliant but I think it is unfair, as I said we are genuine but... The lady who gave me the little girl doesn't know me but her sister does she is one of my student and she knows how well our pets are looked after, she didn't hesitate at all. So I am happier now and I can't wait to meet my new little girl, she is coming tonight will post some photos.

Thank you very much for your messages, it did help.

Thank you for reading. Joe

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #15

Hi - so sorry you've been so messed around by the rescue centre. I do voluntary work for our local Cats Protection branch; experience has shown that some branches have not really got proper guidelines for home checks and people are left to make subjective judgements of suitability on their own.

And some base these judgements on rather odd criteria!

Good news that you have found a kitten. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #16

Way Hey!!! So glad you have a baby coming home. Looking forward to photo's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
10-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #17

Congratulations on your new baby! Please take some pics for us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #18

Glad you've finally found a kitten! Do let us know more about her, and pics, please!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
11-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #19

Congratulations on your new Furbaby Do let us know how she's getting on and some pics would be lovely

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: not a pedigree
11-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #20

hello everybody

I am so delighted with my new little girl, I can't believe it, I have never seen that before.
First when she arrived the lady gave her to me and she cuddled straight away in my neck.
Then I named her Gribouille (it was a cartoon caractere, all scruffy but in a nice way) I gave my lesson to my student and she stayed with my husband, the lady said she doesn't play, but I can tell you she does, and later when I sat on my sofa she went straight at me I stroke her under her chin and she roll over on her back and slept like that on her back exposing her little belly, she was on my lap dreaming away. Then it was time to go to bed, she came with us and like Kitty used to do she stayed with me first on the bed side cabinet and then on my pillow. I really feel that Kitty is back with me.
It's as if Gribouille knows the home now she is sitting between my arm watching what I am typing and purring away.
Gribouille is at home, and happy even my two girls leave her alone no agressivity toward her, she is now a part of the familly.

I will try to work out how to send photos, I promise.

Thank you for reading.

Joe and Gribouille.