Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #11

Re: Foster cat update

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
yep. That's the problem, we make all these rules & criteria & turn people down & what do they do then? They go & buy a moggy kitten from elsewhere, we've lost a potential home...... they are encouraging moggy breeding. (not aimed at you personally Alex, just rescues on the whole)
I agree, its very disapointing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #12

I feel exactly the same Smudgley! At least I know the little kitten will be well looked after and is to be neutered and vacc'd and all. But so annoyed that she had to pay £20 fpr a pet shop kitten when for just a few pounds more she could have had one of mine fully vacc'd and already neutered!!! Some times I think people get power mad!

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #13

Do CP central not have a proper set of guidelines or is it up to each branch to set their own Smudgley?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #14

As far as I understand it Alex, sometime individual branches don't have tangible guidelines - it's almost down to the individual home visit assessor

I'm fairly certain there are some kind of pointers actually, it's whether they are made available at branch level - the paperwork from head office is quite overwhelming at times!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #15

All the branches are run to their own standard & guidelines, but there are obviously guidelines from HO but they are open to your own interpritation.(sp)- how the hell do you spell that word?

On another subject, sorry Alex - just curious (& another thing which drives me mad ) - do you have a minimum donation? I'll tell you why it drives me mad when you answer!

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #16

yes we do Smudgley, not sure if I'm allowed to say how much though lol!

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
yes we do Smudgley, not sure if I'm allowed to say how much though lol!
Go on, please! & I will explain why I get angry about the whole donation thing.

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #18

alright then, but if this comes back to haunt me you're in trouble lol! The minimum 'donation' is £30. now explain!

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #19

Well done you.

Now, this is what makes me angry.

Our branch don't have a minimum or recomended amount, we just say if they'd like to give a donation they can. We vaccinate, FIV test, microchip, worm & frontline every cat & neuter if old enough & some people take 2 kittens & don't make a donation.... makes me really - I keep pushing for a mimimum at every commitee meeting! Think I'll bring it up again, because funnily enough I was talking to a lady today from Halesowen branch & they have a £25 min, which is great.

Also whilst we are having a Q & A session with Alex Do you microchip? Do the vets do that or does someone in the branch? Are they done when they come in or as they leave the branch...again just curious.

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #20

lol, nosy tonight aren't we! No we dont microchip. We vaccinate, neuter, flea, worm and blood test. And actually most people give more than the recommended minimum, maybe the fact that there is a set amount makes them want to give a little more, I dont know!