Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #11

Re: Leia and Onyx

lol Eileen, can just imagine the two of them muttering to themselves. She's MY human!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #12

I know you are doing that Eileen but maybe step it up a little, if you can get Onyx to sleep on a blanket or something on the porch, then bring it into the house and vice versa with Leia....................
You are doing great and I dont want to sound like I am critisising Eileen coz I'm not but maybe just a little push to bring things forward a little........................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
08-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #13

I think you underestimate the progress that you have made so far Eileen. At one time Onyx wouldn't even come near the house let alone near you or Leia. Leia is bound to be upset she was your baby and the centre of life itself. But Onyx is brave and begining to trust you, however she isn't daft and knows her place, also respecting Leia's commands. As each month passes progress is made. I told you she will be on your knee by the fire at christmas and that's another month away......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #14

The time Onyx came in the house, Leia made at her with the intent to commit serious mayhem! I'm not kidding, it wasn't the slow circling, bushing and wailing that precedes a cat fight, it was an out-and-out attack! Scared me silly, if you want the truth! Leia is a big 14 pound cat and Onyx is a wee little thing, may weigh 5 pounds. I wouldn't want her to be hurt. I can't really blame Leia, she's just defending her territory....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-11-2007, 12:15 AM   #15

I am sure Onyx would soon scarper if she was scared DM, the fact she is staying around, shows she is not that scared of Leia...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #16

I would lock Onyx in the house as I would be worried about the cold winter coming... if you "introduced" them again with maybe one cat in a carrier and then swap them over etc... and keep doing this for a few days... so they can see each other but not touch.... do you think this would work?

Anyone else have any introduction help? I am worried about Onyx outside all winter

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
09-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #17

Eileen don't sell yourself short! Look at the progress you have made. As others have said at one time Onyx wouldn't let you near her.
Think positive, I still say she'll be in your house for winter