Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
30-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #1

Roverian move.

Just as I had discovered the roofs of the buildings (three floors of up! (Hreow)), my pets started to do strange things. They brought in a lot of boxes (yay!) but instead of leaving them open to be filled by my fair person, they put things in, and every time I jumped in to help, they grumbled and lifted me out. Hrumph! Mind, the resulting towers were really nice, once I had found out which ones didn't avalanche (no, my butt is *not* too big - not the problem at all - nor am I a fumblebutt, whatever that means).

Then came a really bad bit where I was caged and put in the big cage that won't stop to let me chide dogs or explore nice new paths. Least said about that the better.

I ended up still in the cage, in a bathtub in a strange place while shoving, rumbling and other interesting things went on without me. She-of-the-lap eventually opened the cage door and I could have a look. Some bits are nice, like the watchtower where I can spy on my servants to make sure they behave, and pounce if they don't.

There is a nice big window to do my birdwatching:

This chair always get me some attention (MY PC chair...grumble (Hreow)):

Turkey-treat woman needs a good slap, though. She's making me work for treats by hiding them in places where I have to stretch to fish them out:

"Halfway down the stairs
Is a stair where I sit:
There isn't any other stair quite like it."
A. A. Milne

Outside is a grand place to be! You've already seen the place where I jump over the fence, and then there is my private lawn and grass-supply:

This is a photo of what the closest outside looked like before the twoleggers dug up the beds and planted green stuff. I was suggesting carp and goldfish for the water-logged bed, but as usual they didn't listen to reason.

The garden leads onto lots of other gardens via a labyrinth of fences and crawlways and it now takes me five minutes of ernest sprint to get home for the treats from the farthest reaches of my kingdom.

I'll show you shots of my friends and enemies later, right now there is a warm spot on the bookcase and startlings to observe. I'll just add that the neighbours cat is a nice tortoise-and-white girl and we touch noses when we accidentally meet outside.
Tailwraps and snoooooooore

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #2

Re: Roverian move.

Brilliant 'story' Hreow..

I take it Rover likes his new home, he certainly had plenty of roving to do when he moved in..

You should make all his tales into a book, they really do make good reading..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #3

Brilliant, I do love reading about Rovers adventures

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #4

A wonderful, long-overdue chapter in The Rover Chronicles! So good to see him again; love that pic of him stretching to get his turkey treat! Will he be having his own catnip patch again at his new home?

Catsey Veteran

30-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags

I take it Rover likes his new home, he certainly had plenty of roving to do when he moved in..

Second that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #6

Fab read!! Rover is a stunner and certainly rules the roost lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
30-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #7

He really does love the great outdoors here. It's quite funny to see the doorway transformation from face-flannel pet to miniature panther and competent hunter.

I'll plant catnip just as soon as I can find the seeds... I know I packed them *somewhere*... Thanks for the reminder, DM.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags

Third that!

Glad Rover (and his twolegses) are settling into their new home.

Catsey Veteran

30-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
He really does love the great outdoors here. It's quite funny to see the doorway transformation from face-flannel pet to miniature panther and competent hunter.

I'll plant catnip just as soon as I can find the seeds... I know I packed them
*somewhere*... Thanks for the reminder, DM.
If you can't find them, PM me; I'll send a packet! They're in the seed rack at Whole Foods. Rover must have his very own patch...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-05-2008, 07:50 AM   #10

I agree, you really should write a book!! Rover's stories are so much fun!!