PDA

View Full Version : Finally Friday!

dandysmom
16-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi all! A late Daily again. Clouded over here, the cold front has come thru and the temps are dropping; it's about 10:30 A M and down to 6℃ (43℉) and falling. 20% of light, non-sticking snow tonight; ground is still too warm for it to be a bother: what they call a nuisance snow. Down for mail and grass, just a lazy day planned; deciding what's for dinner: thinking Chinese: maybe large wonton soup and spring rolls with wasabi ...?? Whatever. Leia,s fine and having the post-breakfast nap ... a hard life being a cat..:mrgreen:

Hope all are well and enjoying the day, whatever your plans! :D

Squirrel
16-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi Eileen...

Quiet day here too - though I've finally made a start on the cowp that is my flat...

Cloud napping, and I'm now playing on and off online...

Enjoy the Chinese. I had some chicken soup (tinned!) for lunch, and am thinking fish in butter sauce (boil in a bag) plus chips and veg for tea...

Have a good day all. :)

Shelley123
16-12-2011, 05:35 PM
hello Eileen, Katy and all to follow.
Hope you both enjoy your meals, mine will be cheese and onion pie and chips i think.
Been to work today, went to watch the nursery do their nativity play and got roped in to going on stage as they were short staffed :O
Snowy weather here today.
Off to Scotland early tomorrow morning so i'm afraid i will be offline untill 23rd, will miss you all and hearing your news.

dandysmom
16-12-2011, 05:52 PM
We'll miss you too, Shelley! Don't get snowed in up there, please! We want you back safe and sound in the New Year when the Quiz will resume! :D I really missed it Wednesday... :-( (i know, get a life! :mrgreen:)

angieh
16-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Evening all! Have a safe trip to Scotland Shelley - we'll look forward to your return.

OH and I are both not sleeping very well just now and as a result as soon as the alarm goes off at 7.00, we both go back to sleep and were late up as a consequence. OH took Monty for his walk, I had to pick up a prescription from the chemist, get some bread and bought a wreath for the door and posted the Christmas cards.

There was a shoot on in the vicinity of where OH took Monty for his walk and a group of pheasants had taken refuge before being flushed out and chased by Master Bogle. OH said he was about a quarter of a mile away over the fields, but he did come back to his master. Perhaps we ought to train him up as a beater?

This afternoon I have had a tea-time jolly at Stansted Park tea room with the two ladies I work for. We had their Christmas special tea which was lovely .... I am now full and wondering if I have any room for scampi and chips in a couple of hours time!!!

Squirrel
16-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey Angie... That going to sleep as soon as the alarm is turned off thing seems Very familiar to me. And the tea sounds lovely - hope you have enough room for food later as that sounds nice too! ;)

Shelley - have a good journey, and enjoy your time in Scotland.

dandysmom
16-12-2011, 06:51 PM
These are oreos, Angie: chocolate with a sugary frosting in between ... yummy!

/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTrsfY7Y41CXUbEXc17h2yhcszD5rsF GApUnxP0vu_bDvb4deSfQ[/IMG]

http://www.themonsterinyourhead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/oreo1.jpg

Shelley123
16-12-2011, 06:56 PM
thanks Eileen, Angie and Katy, i too missed the quiz on wednesday Eileen, it's a very enjoyable evening.
Angie your afternoon tea sounded lovely

pamela81
16-12-2011, 10:51 PM
evening everyone, cold here tonight and it was white with snow when i woke up at 430am today and couldnt get back to sleep. Not long in from work and had a bit of a hairy experience enroute home as a baby deer ran out in front of me tonight from teh park beside us. Luckily i was going slow as the roads are slippy and avoided hitting him

Kazz
17-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Evening all

Just got back from a lovely meal out with friends. Old fashioned pub and fireplaces buring too. Came out to a nice crisp frost.
Planning on putting the Christmas tree up tomorrow....

angieh
17-12-2011, 10:50 AM
That Oreo looks Yummy! Who has taken the bite out of it I wonder?

dandysmom
17-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Do they sell them in UK? They're really nice dunked in your tea .........

angieh
17-12-2011, 05:47 PM
I expect they do Eileen - I've not seen them but probably only because I stay away from the biscuit aisles if ever I go near a supermarket .... much too tempting! I prefer biscuits really to cakes or sweets.

truthisouthere
17-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Do they sell them in UK? They're really nice dunked in your tea .........

Yes, they do, at least I think so! Like angieh I don't own a cookie jar but I'm pretty sure I saw them in the supermarket and adverts on the tv.