PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe it's Friday again

Shelley123
03-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Wow doesn't time go fast. I just can't believe it's Friday again.
Off to my new job soon for a few hours then back to do a few jobs and go to the library.
Have a good day everyone, the weather is looking good here.

PoshPuss
03-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi Shelley and everyone. You're so right about time going so fast, especially this year I fancy. Won't be long before er-um, the 'festive season' ( cough, sorry to mention it ;) )

Have dentist appointment this afternoon and then a final check up at the vet for Posh's sore throat problem. She is still a bit sneezy but all in all more herself. So, 4 vet visits and one anti-inflammatory and 2 antibiotic injections later all for a virus, I think animals get more attention than humans :lol: Lucky I have Petplan, will fill in the claim form later!

Still a bit cloudy but going to be a lovely day later. Tom starts back to school today. Final year in Juniors, but his birthday is on Monday, he'll be 11, so will be the oldest in his class.

yola
03-09-2010, 09:57 AM
:pom :smt113

Happy birthday to my little Sebi-man; 4 today :D He's outside playing on his new scooter whilst I'm left trying to work out his new kiddie digital camera (won't let me delete images) :roll:

Shortly we're off to Beale Park - local small animal park + paddling pools, miniature train and play area. I was voted down on Bournemouth :(

Sun is shining so I'm going to make some sandwiches and then we'll be heading off.

MrsH
03-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Beale is lovely Yola, shame about Bournemouth though, it's a nice day for the beach. Have you ever visited the Wildfowl and Wetlands trust site at Thatcham? Morgan's groomer lives near there so once we've dropped him off at her house we head over there for coffee and cake and some bird watching.

There's not a cloud in the sky today but you can tell the season has turned, must get out and tidy up the lavenders, they've given us a lovely show but are now looking rather weary. It's always a dilemma for us, if we leave them as they are they attract goldfinches later on for the seed but look tatty. We'll put some niger seed out this Winter to see if we still get our visitors.

Enjoy the day everyone!

angieh
03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Hello all! Happy Birthday Sebi - I hope you all enjoy your day.

Productive morning so far. Have been out and taken photos of the crop which I will post later. Went to see the new Fish Man and bought some cod for supper. To the Post Office at the Co-op to post a return parcel and found to our delight that Co-op stocks coffee filter papers, so we can filter our spiced apple vodka and bottle it, which will give us a free jar for another infusion! Bought a few other bits and bobs and now home - have just finished a lovely cup of fresh black coffee and a jam doughnut :oops:

No transcription work has arrived yet, so I must get on with the bottling - need to sterilise some bottles first!

Have a lovely day everyone - enjoy the sun!

dandysmom
03-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Time flies when you're having fun?? Or is it just that it goes faster as we get older? Whatever...

The string of gorgeous weather is ending, cloudy, cooler (24 C (76 F)) and quite humid, thanks to Hurricane Earl off the coast. Doing a lot of damage to the beaches, but no real effects here inland. A no errand day, no news to report.

Happy Birthday, Sebi!! Enjoy your big day.

Angie, how many flavors of vodka have you made so far? Look forward to the crop pic. MrsH, I haven't seen any goldfinches so far this season :(. PP, glad your girl is on the mend after her extensive and expensive treatment.

Hope it's a good day for all.

Kazz
03-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Afternoon all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEBI......

Okay all, day off today well not off but not in work bit tired so thought would take a break long weekend back Monday, been in the front garden and planted up the planters either side of the porch.

Just had pastsa for dinner, scrummy. Off to do a bit of shopping in a bit save me going out tomorrow.

Had a lovely meal last night, a carvery very nice did not get back till 11.15 chatting .....chatting away. Just 6 of us made it. Suzie's son got stung be a bee/wasp not sure Thomas is only 3, he was coming as well as Suzie is seperated and we all adore having him with us and she can come out; but last night just me, Netty, Chris, Janet, Annette and Pat. Suzie did not come because of Thomas, Liz and Ferlynn are on holiday.
Spoke to Marion, Jo and Debra today and arranged a curry for next Thursday Morag may well come she is away on holiday but home next Wed so we could be....4 or 5 next week. Strange they are all friends who intermingle, yet I seem to belong to both groups. Mind you I won't take no for a answer.

Got Lynns birthday coming up so we will all be together 24th Sept plus a few.

Anyhow, hope you enjoyed the beach Yola.
Everyone enjoy the evening Summer is here....:)

EmmaG
03-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Afternoon all - just come back from work. So glad it is friday - going to see my gran tomorrow and give her one of the wedding photos - she didn't come to our uk reception as she has dementia and is in a home - it will be great to see her.

Going to have a nice relaxing evening and treating ourselves to a take-away - not sure what we will have yet.....

Have a good evening everybody

EmmaG
03-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Happy Birthday Sebi!!!!

yola
03-09-2010, 05:42 PM
MrsH - we've not been to the Wildlife and Wetlands Trust, but Dominik has been talking about it as some of his school friends have visited so I guess it won't be long before we do go.

Tink
03-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Morning, all! :-D
Yola, am super jealous about the small animal park..sounds like loads of fun, when I go to places like that I tend to just stand and stare for a long while..I have to focus when I'm driving by farms to not be distracted by the barn animals and keep my eyes on the road :lol: , animals are just so fun to visit with even if they are the kind you don't choose to have in your house. What a treat!
Payday today so I am happy. Have some errands around town and some further into the city that I'm saving for next time K feels like driving in as I want to just stay local with my car till i'm fairly confident with it again. Haven't really taken it out and about since we got it back from the shop and need to build my confidence again I can take it anywhere and not worry :wink:
The sun is peeking out but it is cool right now, I think it will be another one of those days where one moment it's fall and the next it's summer :wink:
Decided to send off paperwork to the attorney in the post with a pointed note about how his staff is difficult to communicate with on the phone so i thought i'd send him my inquiry directly so there'd be no more confusion. Probably better that way so I don't lose my temper and I thought I practiced quite a bit of self control with my note attached to the documents. Plus, his office is in a very confusing area full of one way streets and I'm usually on edge just driving to that part of town anyway. This way is better so I won't lose my patience. I am so much better at expressing myself in writing than in person anyway.
Think I will buy the kitties some yummy sardines or fish at the store today..and maybe some cream for dear, neglected Solomon :wink:
Have a good day, all! :-D

dandysmom
03-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Poor Solomon, he is so Badly Neglected, and never gets Any Treats!! He can come live with me and get spoiled ..... :mrgreen:

PoshPuss
03-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Just enough time to squeeze in a happy birthday for Sebi :) hope he enjoyed his day with the little furry things :-D

Been a smashing day here, met our lovely new dentist but sad to see the old one had retired. He had been my dentist since I was about 13 and he was a freshly qualified guy working in our local surgery. He was great, funny, gorgeous blue eyes and very gentle. When he left us after many years to work elsewhere I was bereft. I had another dentist and he pulled me about & it really hurt, shame to say avoided dentists for a while :oops: Then I saw his name in the Yellow pages and found out he had bought his own practice in Cardiff. I phoned and got an appointment with him for me & Ceri, we got NHS status as it wasn't a problem then, in time all my family registered there. Even tho its a good 40 mins run in the car to get there, I don't mind.
The new guy is lovely too, so I will stay with the practice.

Tink, I love sardines, I envy your tribe! DM, hope the humidity from H. Earl goes soon and fingersx'd for the poor seaboarders affected. Angie, how many vodka flavours is that now :lol:... must get there for a tasting ;)

Have a nice evening, we're rugby watching now, Ulster v Ospreys, ding dong match so far. x

angieh
03-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Vodka infusions to date:
Raspberry x 3 jars
Plum (two different types) x 1 each
Spiced apple x 1
Gooseberry x 1

Brandy infusions:
Blackberry (1 of each)
Cherry

Each batch is 1 litre, but some - especially the plum and apple only yield half a litre roughly because of displacement! We have done more raspberry as it was very popular last year and we have had requests!

We are freezing the left over fruit - I have an idea we could use them in naughty puddings!

angieh
03-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Forgot to say - Pip went to the vet for his booster jab today. He was a very good boy, although hated being in the cat carrier and was scared, but as soon as he got into the surgery and was taken out of the carrier his curiosity got the better of him and he just wanted to investigate! All is well. He is 5.15k - as the vet said, a bit heavier than when she saw him last - but he was only a kitten then!

The vet practice is now recommending Advocate flea treatment and a spot on wormer which is a great idea. But the price is rather alarming. Unfortunately, the practice printers were not working, so I couldn't get an itemised bill. I'll see what prices are quoted on Internet, although I do understand that I'll need a prescription and that's an additional charge.

Tink
03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Poor Solomon, he is so Badly Neglected, and never gets Any Treats!! He can come live with me and get spoiled ..... :mrgreen:

*giggling*:-D !!!

plum vodka sounds rather tasty:shock: ;)

angieh
03-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Some of the infusions end up as schnapps-type drink and others as liqueurs depending on whether sugar is added. Unfortunately, they all need to be left for about 4 months, so may not be ready in time for the C-word.

Mags
03-09-2010, 09:15 PM
The vet practice is now recommending Advocate flea treatment and a spot on wormer which is a great idea. But the price is rather alarming. Unfortunately, the practice printers were not working, so I couldn't get an itemised bill. I'll see what prices are quoted on Internet, although I do understand that I'll need a prescription and that's an additional charge.
Angie, I paid £22.95 for a pack of 3 Advocate at my vets last month ....... I'll be interested to see what prices you find :)

Shelley123
03-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Angie, I paid £22.95 for a pack of 3 Advocate at my vets last month ....... I'll be interested to see what prices you find :)

Just priced it up at the pet dispensary online £14.99 for 3 pipettes for cats under 4kg, slightly more expensive for larger cats.
Trouble is by the time the vet has charged you for the prescription it may work out the same price.
Our vet charges £8.50 per item.

angieh
03-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the info Mags and Shelley.