PDA

View Full Version : Torn ...

Phoenix
31-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I've seen a lovely grey and white boy at the rescue centre I volunteer at, who has chosen me as being his person. He's ever such a cute cuddly boy!

Problem is, if I took him on (family permitting!!!) would I be betraying Beauty by taking him? :( I don't want to be pushing Beauty aside to take on a younger boy! (after Beauty's gone of course!) I somehow feel as if I'd be betraying Beauty by getting the boy! :(

Advice please? :(

dandysmom
31-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Everyone handles grief in a different way. Some people can't bear the thought of a new cat too soon; others feel a terrible void and need a new little one to love. Only you can make that decision.......

Phoenix
31-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Everyone handles grief in a different way. Some people can't bear the thought of a new cat too soon; others feel a terrible void and need a new little one to love. Only you can make that decision.......

I couldn't live without a furry face in the house!

yola
31-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I think you need to make sure the next cat you take on is a healthy one. You need to be quite strong and pragmatic to take on a cat with serious health issues and I feel you've really struggled with coming to terms with the finality of Beauty's illness.

I don't necessarily think or feel it's a betrayal but everyone deals with the loss of a pet differently. You'll need to see how you feel after Monday. I'd leave off lining up a new pet until you know how you've dealt with loosing the one you have.

Phoenix
31-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I think you need to make sure the next cat you take on is a healthy one. You need to be quite strong and pragmatic to take on a cat with serious health issues and I feel you've really struggled with coming to terms with the finality of Beauty's illness.

I don't necessarily think or feel it's a betrayal but everyone deals with the loss of a pet differently. You'll need to see how you feel after Monday. I'd leave off lining up a new pet until you know how you've dealt with loosing the one you have.

The grey and white boy seems to be healthy - he's 3 with no health difficulties that I know of!

I will be going with my brother to introduce them to each other on Sunday (my brother likes the look of his picture) but we won't be making a decision yet.

Natalie
31-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I think Yola is right. Only you can decide how you feel but give yourself chance to grief. I had accepted Willow's illness and it was relief in the end when she was PTS. Of course I was devestated but I had come to terms with it.

Take things slowly