PDA

View Full Version : Insurance (again)

dinahsmum
13-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Have just had the renewal notice for Dinah's insurance with PetPlan. They want £21+ per month (up from £17+) :shock:
I've used the link Kim gave us (thanks Kim), and found that I can insure Dinah and both cats for just over £18pm. It's very much insurance rather than a health care plan, if that makes sense. I've opted for excesses of over £100 for all but there is a £6000 pa per animal limit, and no 12 month limit.
I deliberatley chose PetPlan initially, just in case Dinah should turn out to have some awful disease or condition, which would need life long treatment but I've not made a claim in 3 years, so I think it's as safe as it can be that she's not going to develop anything.
I know it's all a judgement call but I'm quite pleased to have included the cats now and still be paying less than before.

Fran
13-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Yes, I'm dreading my cats renewal, especially Porsha's but obviously I will have to stick with Petplan for her and I've not long taken out Morse's insurance with Petplan :roll:

What link did you use DM, I must have missed that or had a sleep since it was posted :roll: I'd be interested to see if I can get the insurance cheaper for similar cover. Even though I get a multi cat discount and a breders discount, I still reckon I could insure them all for less :?

Are your new policies cover for life???
Fran x

dinahsmum
13-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Yes - life cover Fran. That was one thing it had to offer. I'm not terribly bothered about recouping £15 after paying the excess for a cut foot etc - want them covered for emergency surgery, accidents, major conditions etc.
Here's the link http://www.compare-pet-insurance.com/pet/index.php
I'd hoped it would actually let you input details and get all the results but no - you have to input into each supplier separately.
Don't bother with Churchill - if you have had any vet visit other than vaxx/neuter in the last 3 years you have to phone :roll:
Obviously you'll stay with PP for Porsha - but maybe you will feel confident that she's over it 2 or 3 years down the line? Like me with Dinah - happy to pay PP until I knew she was a generally fit little body :)
Will be interested to see if it works for you - set aside a quiet hour to do it :?

Fran
13-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks DM, I'll have a look at that this afternoon, there's only Porsha that has ever been to the vets for anything. So the quotes should be very straight forward, I'd like to think :roll:

I'll get myself a cuppa and a comfy chair this afternoon and see what it comes up with ;)

charliebubs
13-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm sticking with my recommendation of AXA insurance - £7,000 vets fees cover and includes the complementary stuff like homeopothy and behaviourists :) If you're into that kind of thing, like me!!!

dinahsmum
13-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Didn't look at AXA - I will do before I sign up for the £6k one.
Thanks CB

dinahsmum
13-08-2007, 02:31 PM
You're right Charlie
£17.50 pm for all three, £7000 max per animal per year and aditional 'extras' too. Plus a lower excess.
'Rah for AXA :)

charliebubs
13-08-2007, 02:38 PM
You're right Charlie
£17.50 pm for all three, £7000 max per animal per year and aditional 'extras' too. Plus a lower excess.
'Rah for AXA :)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!! :-D :-D

You never know when you might need a cat shrink :roll: so it's good that they cover that in their policies ;)

dinahsmum
13-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Living here, it's quite likely the poor creatures will need a psychiatrist :roll: :-D ;)