PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread/Tuesday

Erin
26-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Morning all,
The sun is actually out at the moment but there is also a really nasty big back cloud so somthing tells me the sun will not be hanging around for long :roll: oh well only 12 more sleeps untill I get to see some real sun!!!!
Up bright and early this morning,I was in bed for 8 last night,I was sooooo tired.Just getting the dogs ready for there morning walk.
Nothing much planned for today,I must catch up on some house work and get those pics of the kittens on I promised a few days ago :roll: .
Hope yo all have a nice day and have some nicer weather than yesterday :)

Jac
26-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Morning everyone,
After the school run I have to see about getting an appointment for the doc. Just to renew my meds.
Picking up Mum today and bringing her here for a bit. Darryle is going to pop over for a wee visit as well. Then its get Ceilidh ready for karate (she really seem's to be enjoying it). Yesterday I managed to book her in for gymnastic lessons starting in August and swimming lessons over the hols. I didn't tell her as it would have been a countdown to thoes as well.
Seem's to be brighter here today so far, only been up half an hour so plenty time for change:roll:

Fran I hope you get some kind of satisfaction today either from the school or the papers. Has Tom's friend been found?

Hope you all have a good day.

mable1718
26-06-2007, 07:56 AM
morning all the sun is shining here this morning but it might not last the whole day got art club later on so have a good day all

alexgirl73
26-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Morning all, and for once it isn't raining!!! very cloudy but dry for the moment. It is so nice to hear the silence, if you know what I mean! Nothing planned for today, just some housework to catch up on (again lol). Hope you all have a good day, and a dry one at that!

Tom
26-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Morning everyone... Just got out to go for the school bus (GRRRR) and then i got a text to say school is closed!!!! WOOOP... So just listening to radio Sheffield now!

I'm not sure who it was exactly that went missing.. :(

Have a good day everyone!! :D x

dinahsmum
26-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Feeling so sorry for all the people affected by floods. Could hardly believe what i was seeing on TV last night. Half a years 'ration' of rain in 12 hours! :shock: No wonder it flooded - don't think it's possible to create an infrastructure to cope with that. I suppose the death toll of 3 is mercifully small, though each is an individual tragedy. The two young people - the boy in Sheffield and the poor young man with his foot stuck in a drain as the water rose ...... well, Edgar Allen Poe couldn't come up with anything more horrific.
The news has tended to concentrate on Yorkshire but I know other areas, even Devon, have been hit too.

I have a dentist appointment following that abscess incident recently. Have a horrible feeling I may have to have the joy of a root filling. :(
Yola - hope you're feeling much better after some restorative sleep.
Fran - and Tom and Em - have a quiet day, recovering from the last few. Don't waste your energy being cross with school yet - sort it out in the calm in a few days time. No-one is at their best now.

I sincerely hope everyone has a calm, peaceful, day. Take care.

Fran
26-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Morning all, the sun is actually out here!! How long it will last is anyones guess :roll: Both children off school today. Tom's school is closed and since Em was sent home unwell yesterday, I decided I may as well keep her at home today. I haven't taken issue yet with either the School (although I did phone school last night but there was no one in authority able to speak to me only the reception team) or the bus company. I've decided to sit on things a bit. By all accounts, they have already been bombarded with complaints so I guess mine will just be another one for the record really. We are still not sure who the missing child is and if indeed he/she has been found.
Not much happening today. I have to get out at some point for cat food and litter but it's a case of not travelling unless you have to here so we shall see how the day goes

Hope you all have a lovely day, keep safe anyone who has been affected by the floods...

dinahsmum
26-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Here I am back from the dentist. I did have a root filling but it was all quite painless - hopefully it stays that way as the local anaesthetic wears off. I do have the 'Dudley Moore' dribble though :) - remember that from the film '10'?
Glad things are a little calmer Fran. Maybe it will be a good thing in the end for Em to take some enforced rest - concussion is a strange thing

Mags
26-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Afternoon all ..........I hope the weather is a lot calmer wherever you are. We are fortunate it is a lovely sunny day here...

Have been into town this morning having a browse around and buying a few odds and ends...

Fran ~ I hope the flood waters are starting to subside and the children are no worse from their experience.

DM ~ glad all went well at the dentist...

dandysmom
26-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Wishing a dry and safe day to all! Sunny and quite warm here, 29C before lunch; going to be a warm one! We could use some rain here, but not the torrential ones you had...just glad that all are safe and no property damage! No particular plans for today other than watering all the plants! Have a nice afternoon...DM: are your tomatoes coloring yet? Mine aren't!

dinahsmum
26-06-2007, 04:43 PM
DM: are your tomatoes coloring yet? Mine aren't!
The very first one has an all-over blush DM Pick at the weekend I think. I have a very nice crop - 3 very heavy, nice and even, trusses so far and more developing. I suppose we will have a heatwave and then a glut shortly. :roll: Cucumbers are doing well. I've got a nice variety, producing 6" - 8" fruits at the rate of one a day! :shock: Lots of burps amongst my neighbours! :)

dandysmom
26-06-2007, 08:00 PM
:-D @ the cucumbers! That's why I stopped growing zucchini; I love them but not every single day; the neighbors got tired of them also! My hot pepper is bearing well, have picked several already for a Thai dish I like; basil is flourishing also as is the oregano. I have a way to go before the first tomato; glad you're enjoying yours...nothing like a dead-ripe garden tomato..:)

Jac
26-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Evening everyone.
Well dare I say it? It hasn't been sunny all day but I got two loads of washing dryed... Hehe feels great. (how sad is that?)
Went out with Mum today and it has been become apparent she's going deaf:? . I said a few things she didn't pick up right. Then admitted she cant hear as good as she used to. It's hard to accept a parent getting old:( .
I bought some really nice nick nacks for the bedroom and got curtains (ex display) with £40 off!!!:lol: discontinued towel range half price (there cream with little embroidered butterflies in the corner) quilt cover, cusion cover and pillow slips 30 % off!! I'm fair chuffed.