PDA

View Full Version : I wasnt going to tell

Jac
28-04-2007, 07:23 PM
But my darling Blue is going blind in one eye.
I had him to the Vet on Friday (I got a reprieve from the twins) and he confirmed it.
He has also wet the kitchen floor two days running.
The Vet wants to do a brain scan. I dont want him to do it. I guess I'm too afraid of what it might reveal after what he said (consistant with a tummer) Oh God what do I do? Blue is only four and a half years old.
The Vet also said that it's consistant with his back end going every now and again.
I'm really at my wits end, I love him so much

Elaine
28-04-2007, 07:27 PM
I am so very sorry to read that Jac. xxx Poor Blue xxx

EmmaG
28-04-2007, 07:29 PM
So sorry to read this Jac, but if you do go with a scan at least you will know what you are up against.

Has the vet mentioned any treatment if it is a tumour?

alexgirl73
28-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Jac, I am so sorry to read this! ((((((hugs))))))). I think you need to have the scan done hun!

Erin
28-04-2007, 07:34 PM
jac im so sorry to read this,poor blue :(,i really think you should get the scan done

Kazz
28-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Jac although you may not realise it, being so upset but you have answered your own question - with your last sentence... I'm really at my wits end, I love him so much....therefore you know the only thing to do is to have the scan and take it from there.

Jac
28-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Jac, I am so sorry to read this! ((((((hugs))))))). I think you need to have the scan done hun!
I know, I do, but I'm afraid. I know it may sound stupid but he's like part of me. When I'm bad he knows and never leaves my side, when I'm good he acts up:-D wanting to play all the time. He's just special. He accepts everyone and everything. :cry:
In a way I dont want to know. Yet I do. Does that make sence?

Erin
28-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I know, I do, but I'm afraid. I know it may sound stupid but he's like part of me. When I'm bad he knows and never leaves my side, when I'm good he acts up:-D wanting to play all the time. He's just special. He accepts everyone and everything. :cry:
In a way I dont want to know. Yet I do. Does that make sence?

it makes perfect sence jac and its only natural that you should be feeling like that.did the vet mention about any treatment at all?

alexgirl73
28-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Of course it makes sense Jac! But at the moment you're in denial mode. In a couple of days when you can thinks straight, you'll realise that having the scan done is the only way to go, then you can find out what you are facing and get started on any treatment needed. Just now you're hoping that if you ignore it, then it's not real!!! Sending lots of love! xx

Jac
28-04-2007, 07:48 PM
it makes perfect sence jac and its only natural that you should be feeling like that.did the vet mention about any treatment at all?

No he didn't, I did ask but he said untill we had a scan, he wouldn'd commit (sp) himself.
I was to think about it and phone him on Monday with what I wanted to do. The only way to scan him is under anistetic, being a boxer that holds worries too.

I know he will get it done, I love him too much not to. God I dont know where my heads at. Sorry girls.

Claire m
28-04-2007, 07:49 PM
So sorry to here about this jac big hugs and kisses for you and blue. xxxxxxx

Jac
28-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Alex, You have just said it all.

random
28-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Oh Jac i'm so sorry, you need to get the scan done otherwise you will wake up wondering 'what if' every morning. At least if you get it done you will know what is wrong with Blue and can go from there. It could also be something else very treatable and not a tumour, but you won't know unless you have it checked out.

I know what you are going through. Hugs to you and Blue. :( xXx

Erin
28-04-2007, 07:51 PM
No he didn't, I did ask but he said untill we had a scan, he wouldn'd commit (sp) himself.
I was to think about it and phone him on Monday with what I wanted to do. The only way to scan him is under anistetic, being a boxer that holds worries too.

I know he will get it done, I love him too much not to. God I dont know where my heads at. Sorry girls.

you have nothing at all to be sorry about jac sending loads of hugs your way (((((hugs)))))

Jac
28-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Thank you...... How one animal can have such an inpact on someone's life is amazing, whether dog or cat! It beggers beleif. I know you all can understand that.
Ofcourse my careing mother said to me when I told her was "probably better to let him go then":evil: :evil:

alexgirl73
28-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I shant say anything Jac 'cause she's your mum, but just ignore her!!!! Blue is as much your baby as Ceilidh is, and every single one of us on here feels so much for you right now as we all feel the same about our furbabies whether canine or feline! xx

Erin
28-04-2007, 08:08 PM
I shant say anything Jac 'cause she's your mum, but just ignore her!!!! Blue is as much your baby as Ceilidh is, and every single one of us on here feels so much for you right now as we all feel the same about our furbabies whether canine or feline! xx

ditto to that

Jac
28-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Thank you Alex. At times like this I hate her. I feel like my hearts being ripped out, and I get things like "he's only a dog"
At least i KNOW EVERYONE HERE UNDERSTANDS. sHE ASKED ME HOW MUCH HIS SCAN WAS, WHEN i TOLD HER SHE SAID "FOR A DOG?"
Sorry hit the Caps

alexgirl73
28-04-2007, 08:14 PM
You come and vent on here when you need to Jac! He's not now, nor ever will be 'just a dog!'. He's Blue, a big part of your family.

random
28-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Aww Jac I get 'it's just a dog/cat' all the time with mine from my mum too.

I just feel sorry for people like that as it's them missing out no us.

(((hugs)))

dandysmom
28-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Some people simply don't get the incredible bond we have with our animals, and just don't understand! Try to disregard it, hard, I know, and just do what you know needs to be done to help Blue. lots of hugs and good vibes from here, Jac!

Jac
28-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Thank you all. Had to go away for a bit, tears streaming down my face. Thank you for being so supportive. xx

dandysmom
28-04-2007, 09:10 PM
It helps to talk to people who understand.....we're here, Jac!

Jac
28-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Thank you all so very much. Need to go and see to the kids for a while. Will try and get back on later. Darryle is here at the moment.

smudgley
28-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh really sorry to hear this Jac.
Gather your thoughts & phone your vet on Monday.... your vet would not be recomending Blue having a scan if it wasn't needed.

Have the scan, just so you can rule out anything nasty.;) Be positive.

My dog was more-or-less diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago...but was having a x-ray just to confirm..the x-ray undiagnosed it & it was actually just an infection in her leg. :roll: So you don't have to think it's all doom & gloom, it may well be just to rule out the possibility of a problem. ;)

TIGS
28-04-2007, 09:31 PM
im so sorry to hear about blue.fingers crossed.
some of my family are like that they just laugh at me cos i treat them like my babies.which they are to me.
they really dont understand the love you get from them & how much you love them.
but please please have the scan done jac. we are all here for you dont forget that.
lots of love & hugs to you & blue.

Tanya
28-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Poor Blue - I am sending many positive vibes your way....
Lots of hugs to you and Blue.

Please let us know what the vet says xxx

yola
28-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Jac - so, so sorry to be reading this, and you've only just really got Blue back with you :( However as all have said, until you have the scan done you won't know, and when you get it done you will at least know what you have to deal with - if anything.

Lots of love to you, to Blue and to the whole family of which he's an all-important part. Hugs.

Animagus
28-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Sorry to hear about Blue Jac sending healing thoughts your way.... get the scan done its the only way forward .... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Donna
28-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Sorry to hear you have this worry Jac - I hope it turns out to be just a scare x

Kim
28-04-2007, 11:37 PM
So sorry to hear about Blue, Jac. I agree that he needs to have the scan so that you know what you are dealing with. (((hugs)))

Moli
29-04-2007, 10:49 AM
[quote=Jac;370774]But my darling Blue is going blind in one eye.
I had him to the Vet on Friday (I got a reprieve from the twins) and he confirmed it.
He has also wet the kitchen floor two days running.
The Vet wants to do a brain scan. I dont want him to do it. I guess I'm too afraid of what it might reveal after what he said (consistant with a tummer) Oh God what do I do? Blue is only four and a half years old.
The Vet also said that it's consistant with his back end going every now and again.
I'm really at my wits end, I love him so much[/quoteSorry to hear this Jac..fingers crossed he will be ok, hugs to you all..........

Mags
29-04-2007, 11:08 AM
So sorry to read this Jac, I know how important Blue is to you. I think you should have the scan done .......for Blue's sake. If you don't know what the cause is, the vet won't be able help Blue at all and you wouldn't like that. Take a deep breath and make that call on Monday ((((hugs)))) .......then you know you will be doing your best for Blue.

Big hugs to you and Blue Jac ..... xxx

kado
29-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Thinking of you and blue

dinahsmum
29-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Jac - you need to know for sure. Our imagination takes us miles on 'what ifs and how will I copes' when we don't actually know what we're facing. Wears us out before we even get to the real dilemma.
So, listen to all the good advice you've had, take your vet's advice and then, when he has the diagnostic tools (the scans) to hand, you can sit together and discuss the way forward.

Our animals are part of our family, albeit canine or feline part; those who miss out on that wondeful bond will never understand that, and that we have to do the best for them.

((hugs))

Moli
29-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Spoke to Jac this morning, she is going to phone the vet tomorrow, and arrange for Blue to be scanned...:?

Sweet
29-04-2007, 08:36 PM
((((((hugs)))))) x

janey83
29-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Thinkin of blue n his family

whiskey
29-04-2007, 09:33 PM
im so sorry to here about poor blue and of course you and your family im sending well wishes your way ((HUGS)):(

Jac
29-04-2007, 10:30 PM
When I* went out with Blue tinught a few things happened that are totally out6 his caracture (sp) I'm really upset about . Also had to take alot of pain releif. Anyway thanks all. My baby is going to the vet tomorrew.

Pat and Alex thank you so verry much!!

dinahsmum
30-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Thinking of you today Jac x

Erin
30-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Yes jac thinking of you here to xx

Elaine
30-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Thinking of you today Jac, Stay strong, Lots of love to you and Blue xxx

alexgirl73
30-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Chin up Chum! Thinking of you here xx

Fran
30-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Oh Jac, I am only just catching up with posts I missed over the weekend. I am so very sorry to hear this news. I have just read Moli's thread r.e. Blue's update :( I am thinking about you and Blue {{{Big hugs}}} to you all x