PDA

View Full Version : It's arrived!!

Mags
02-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Woohoo....my new Dyson has arrived!!:lol:

Got it all assembled and couldn't wait to use it....even though I had vacuumed top to bottom yesterday:D

Verdict? ~ I only did the lounge and hall and I was embarassed by what had collected in the container:shock::oops::oops::oops: It's amazing! I decided on the Animal ball model in the end and it's so much easier to manoeuvre than my previous Electrolux......just a flick of the wrist and it turns so easily...I haven't found it noisy either, or too cumbersome...

Happy cleaning days ahead!!:-D
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/haushalt/p015.gif

random
02-06-2006, 01:30 PM
*jealous*

I want one! :lol:

Hreow
02-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Could you come do our place as well, as a "test"? {looks hopeful} :-D Can't abide hoovering - very dull. : /

Glad it's a success!

CJK
02-06-2006, 02:09 PM
DYSON ARE AMAZING
I did the old hoover test when I got mine, hoovered the carpet, even went over and over it determined this dyson WASNT going to pick up any more dirt than my old hoover.
From the house we got almost half a container of dirt AFTER hoovering.

We got the older animal model, it isnt the ball one, but has a nifty little attachement that is super for getting fur off sofas.

Wouldnt be without my dyson.
the only thing I will say is watch the tube, i've gone through about one a year and only recently got told why.

You know you pull the metal part out of the plastic part to use the tube right? ( as in slide it out) well i thought that was it, but the guy in the repair shop said no it isnt, to get the most life out of your tube you need to disconnect the metal part entirely, turn it over, and connect the plastic tube t the part of the metal tube that was the top. this then gives you a little handle at the top of the tube and stops the metal part digging into the plastic part.

I didnt know that and I had the dyson three years!!!!

theyre amazing though arent they, well worth the money.

Oh and in case you dont know, you CAN have them serviced and get parts for them. Services are fab, they come back all clean and sparkling and fixed lol

Moli
02-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Be careful you don't wear it out Mags,:lol: Must admit, I like the dyson, although don't like to see the muck I pick up every day!!:roll:

EmmaG
02-06-2006, 05:35 PM
lol we won't see Mags for a bit I reckon!!!! lol and don't hoover your mattress with a dyson if it is a few years old :shock:

CJK
02-06-2006, 05:41 PM
glad im not the only one that hoover my matress!!!
my hubby thinks i am nuts. mind you i do actually get up on the bed with it!

mags still hoovering?

isnt it amazing though to see how much dirt you collect around the house each day? makes me wanna hoover more than once a day, which i do now. I hoover whole house twice a day lol

Mags
02-06-2006, 06:04 PM
I feel like a kid with a new toy...it's great! I think that seeing all that muck that is picked up gives you an incentive for hoovering!:-D

Oh, and yes CJ, I vacuum my mattress too.......but I will be care with this one!!:lol:

Donna
02-06-2006, 07:33 PM
You know you pull the metal part out of the plastic part to use the tube right? ( as in slide it out) well i thought that was it, but the guy in the repair shop said no it isnt, to get the most life out of your tube you need to disconnect the metal part entirely, turn it over, and connect the plastic tube t the part of the metal tube that was the top. this then gives you a little handle at the top of the tube and stops the metal part digging into the plastic part.

Ehhh? What you mean??????????

Donna
02-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Well done on a good choice Mags!!!

EmmaG
02-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Ehhh? What you mean??????????

CJ stumped me as well Donna, I tried what I thought CJ was talking about and it doesn't fit :-D

EmmaG
02-06-2006, 07:53 PM
http://www.dyson.co.uk/aftersales/help.asp?article_id=757&hist=,,1,32,527

Try that Donna

EmmaG
02-06-2006, 07:55 PM
hmmm not sure what they are talking about .... adapter tool??

Donna
02-06-2006, 08:22 PM
I still dont get it...

Moli
02-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I still dont get it...Neither do I Donna...I have a cylinder!;)

Fran
02-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Glad you like it Mags! Happy hoovering :-D

Mags
02-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Glad you like it Mags! Happy hoovering :-D
Thanks Fran....even hubby wanted a go with it!!:-D

Fran
02-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks Fran....even hubby wanted a go with it!!:-D

:shock: Bet the novelty will soon wear off and it will become your job again Mags :roll: :-D

Mags
02-06-2006, 10:28 PM
I'll have to keep telling him that he has got the hang of it better than me!!:-D

CJK
03-06-2006, 05:04 AM
ok...
the dyson hoover... to use the tube for attachements etc...

you press in the handle and the tube detaches from the hoover right?
You then click a little button and slide the metal part out of the plastic aprt until it clicks. If you then press the button in again and pull the metal part comes away from the tube entirely.
Turn the tub over, and fit the plastic part into the opposite end of the metal part.

you then have a little handle near where the two parts meet to hold, and can attach the little doohickey things to the other end. so now your metal tube is connecxted to a solid plastic bit and not a soft bendy bit.

did that make any more sense?? ( i can talk gobbledygook pretty well lol)

Mags
04-06-2006, 09:47 AM
ok...
the dyson hoover... to use the tube for attachements etc...

you press in the handle and the tube detaches from the hoover right?
You then click a little button and slide the metal part out of the plastic aprt until it clicks. If you then press the button in again and pull the metal part comes away from the tube entirely.
Turn the tub over, and fit the plastic part into the opposite end of the metal part.

you then have a little handle near where the two parts meet to hold, and can attach the little doohickey things to the other end. so now your metal tube is connecxted to a solid plastic bit and not a soft bendy bit.

did that make any more sense?? ( i can talk gobbledygook pretty well lol)
Clear as mud Carly, thanks!!:-D I'll read through that a few times and hopefully it'll click!!:lol::lol::lol:

CJK
04-06-2006, 10:54 AM
erm...i can take step by step hotos maybe and post them lol

Mags
04-06-2006, 11:14 AM
erm...i can take step by step hotos maybe and post them lol
:lol::lol::lol:.....it's just me CJ!:roll::lol:

CJK
04-06-2006, 12:15 PM
i'm sure it isnt jsut you mags!
more than liekly the way i described it

oh, and who said it wont fit? dont forget there's a little plastic thing covering the end of the tube, it just slides back and fits together.

let's see if i can make it any clearer by typing it as i do it.

1> press in corrugated part of hoover ( this is purple on mine)

2> remove tube from rest of hoover

3> gently pull and the metal part of the tube slides out of the plastic part.
pull until it clicks

4> at the bottom of the now long tube, press the little coloured button in ( purple again on mine) and this totally disconnects the metal and plastic aprts of the tube.

5> the handle part that was at the top of the metal tube is now inverted to be at the bottom.
remebering to slide back the little plastic slot covering the end of the tube

5> tha plastic part of the tube will now connect to the metal.
You then hold the handle ( which is midway up your long tube now) thus saving on the stooping so low and saving your palstic tube from rubbing on the metal.

any good????
or do i resort to piccies lol

EmmaG
27-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Well I got fed up with my old dyson so I purchased a DC14 Animal, it is so much better than my old DC3 (which was 8 years old)

Off to hoover another room ;)