Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
11-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #11

Re: I'm losing Fluffy too.

So so sorry

Scamper wild. & free Fluffy x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #12

RIP Fluffy, run and play now, free from all pain. ((((HUGS)))) farthing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #13

I agree with Karen. It was Fluffy's time, and there was nothing you could have done. You didn't fail her, you gave her a second chance - and bless you for that.

She's in a happier place now without pain or fear; if she was weak it was likely she just slipped away in her sleep. Hugs xx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
12-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #14

I felt the same way about Tilly but there isn't much you can do in the middle of the night anyway.I am not sure if I should have taken to the vets the day before but she seemd to be doing OK she was still eating drinking and puring at me.
I am sure Fluffy was Ok to and you didn't leave it to long. She was happy and pass away in her home with you. Having her PTS would have casued stress. So it was better and you had check on her a 1 am. So don't worry yourself to much and go and give pudding or one of your other pets a hug. I was suprised to as buster always looked worse than tilly.
RIP Fluffy and hugs to you

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
12-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #15

Thank you for your kind words.
I think Pudding has given up since Fluffy died. She had been eating really well and was quite strong but today she seems to have gone downhill markedly and isn't eating. I fear I will have to make another decision tomorrow if she doesn't perk up. They didn't share a bed or anything but arrived at around the same time and ate beside each other.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #16

Sorry my love, I am late with my condolences and now I see Pudding is giving you worries too. Just to say don't be hard on yourself, your animals have been given the very best of a loving home in your care. When the time comes for any of them you will make decisions based on compassion and what is best for them. It is a precious gift that we can do for them which is denied to many humans, I believe. Bless you in this anxious time but we here support and love you ((hugs)) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
Thank you for your kind words.
I think Pudding has given up since Fluffy died. She had been eating really well and was quite strong but today she seems to have gone downhill markedly and isn't eating. I fear I will have to make another decision tomorrow if she doesn't perk up. They didn't share a bed or anything but arrived at around the same time and ate beside each other.
I thought the same when Oscar was PTS his sister Cleo I thought would not be able to cope and being elderly and a bit poorly too - however she surprised me and carried on for 18 months perfectly fine. On occasion I thought oh your missing Oz I then thought nope she elderly and its a not brilliant day.

Whatever happens you know your cats best

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
13-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #18

Pudding was put to sleep a hour ago. She had gradually got flatter and flatter throughout the day.
To the end she proved a fighter but there was nothing more we could do for her and it was the last kindness we could do.

I feel numb having lost 2 in less than 48 hours.

Pudding, Fluffy and Donald were a wee group of their own, and now they are gone, it's the end if that particular era.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #19

Love and sympathy to you farthing, so sorry that you have had two sad events in such a short space of time. Pudding is with her friends now, it's a happy place. Xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #20

So very sorry to hear this sad news