Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #31

Re: Tuppence

Thanks Pamela

Catsey Veteran

06-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #32

latest update, not good realy but Tuppence is still with us.
Returned from holidays last sunday, tuppence ok but lump has grown. we watched her carefuly all week, it's not easy for her to go to the toilet but she is managing, the lump is breaking down and a bit smelly, Every morning she is by her food dish crying for food, she's eating less so i'm offering small amounts. On the examination table she was so alert and interested in her surroundings that the vet feels she is not yet unhappy with life. He did say he could operate but feels she is likely to die under anaesthetic. He said he would pts if we wanted or we can leave things as they are. Howard asked what he would do and he suggested leaving things as they are for now. She is on ab's and we will just have to take each day as it comes.
Yesterday Howard took her to the vets and we both believed that it was the end. Despite the lump

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #33

Oh Shelley its hard isn't it when its not cut and dried....I suppose the benchmark is well to me it is are the good hours outweighing the not so good hours by a good margin or is the gap narrowing.

I am thinking of all of you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #34

Aww Shelley. Sorry to hear the update. Thoughts are with you xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #35

Sorry to hear that Tuppence has taken a down turn I'm sure that you will ensure her quality of life and be there to the end. Thinking of you x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #36

((((HUGS)))) Shelley, I know how hard it is, but you WILL know when the time is right. Sending comforting vibes to you all and Tuppence.

Catsey Veteran

07-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #37

thank you for you're kindness, it does help.
Tuppy is ok today, taking her ab's in a dollop of hairball mix which she loves, it also helps her to go.
This morning as usual she was waiting by the food dish and ate a small amount. She has just eaten some more, including some of Malaika's sardines,lol.
The nasty smell seems to have gone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
thank you for you're kindness, it does help.
Tuppy is ok today, taking her ab's in a dollop of hairball mix which she loves, it also helps her to go.
This morning as usual she was waiting by the food dish and ate a small amount. She has just eaten some more, including some of Malaika's sardines,lol.
The nasty smell seems to have gone.
That's good then that the smell has gone
the antibiotics are working then. And sardines are always a nice top up for feline illness. Go Go Tuppence......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #39

Shelley, what a dreadful time for you all. I hope Tuppence can spend a little more quality time with you xx

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #40

thanks Yola and Karen.
Have rung the vets to see if Tuppence can have more ab's, i know its not usualy a good idea but they do seem to have helped her general demeaner and stopped the smell. She's eating a bit better and generaly seems a bit more lively. The nurse has said she sees no problem with us haveing some ab's in and useing when we need to.