Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #21

Re: Please Welcome Ozymandias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Please say Kazz ......... he is such a brave little soul and is going to be a great adventurer, I think. Keep thinking now about "Sulu" from Star Trek!!!

I like Sulu....but you could consider Tiberius...remember Kirk

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #22

There was a famous archaeologist called Mortimer Wheeler- he does have a scholarly and inquisitive air about him- how about Mortimer? Or Max (as in Agatha Christie's Egyptologist husband Max Mallowan) or Harrison (as in Ford)
Sorry- I'll stop with the archaeologists now- he just has that explorer look about him.
If Kizzy is just sulking that is a pretty good sign!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
18-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #23

He looks such a little darling with such a sweet little face, I am sure he will settle in nicely and even though Kizzy looks a little bit miffed now I think she will soon get used to the idea that he is there to stay and they will get along famously .
What ever name you decide on for him I think will be just right for him, I do like the name Mortimer that Cats`staff has suggested I think it suits him well

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
19-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #24

what a cutie pie... he looks very relaxed... and Kizzy looks very cheesed off!...lol im sure she will come around...
When we got Harri.. it too a couple of days for her to be comfortable with the box... i took her to it frequently and whilst she didn't use it often... she never did her business anywhere else but the box...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Purebred Moggy
19-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #25

Great name!

Poor Kizzy

Cotton had those marks on her nose when she came to us - turned out it was just snot.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Ah, the calm voice of reason, DM! I really missed you when you were gadding about on holiday...
Hmmm, just call me the Wise Old Woman of the West .. or maybe not!

Anyway, how is the little boy this morning? ... and who is he? Any advance on the name?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #27

Hi Wise Old Woman of the West!!!

I've just phoned the vet to book Pip in for a general check up and his first inoculation on Friday, so Pippin or Pip is now his everyday name! Had to decide before phoning the vet, although I guess it could be changed if we do decide to call him Harry or Henry or Percy ....................... !!!

He has eaten well this morning, both wet and dry food and has drunk a very small amount of water. No litter tray use yet - he must be busting ........ he's had a good scoot round, and been exploring, played with me and with OH and is now dozing on OH's lap. He loves his daddy!

So, I'm happy he's eating, wish he'd drink a bit more and USE HIS BOX! Other than that he's fine.

Kizzy I'm afraid did a very good impression of a Scottish Wild Cat this morning - she looked so fierce. Tail the size of a bottle brush - she managed to have one go at the wee mite. She's still loving towards us though and will be stroked and tickled and comforted. She still slept on our bed. Early days.

I am comforted to know that HRH Harri didn't use her box for a couple of days. Lord knows how they hold on that long.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
19-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #28

Awww he's fab! Pipkins! Can't wait to see more of him!

Anakin didn't use the tray for a wee while either, I wouldn't worry too much, although I did.

Poor Kizzy, she will soon come round. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #29

Angie, is he eating wet or dry? Great name!

Poor Kizzy, I'd love to have seen her Wild Cat impersonation! Poor love. she'll adjust. At this point, no way little Pip will mistake her for "a mommy type cat" as Dandy did with Misty!

Hope the box gets used SOON!!