Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
17-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #11

Re: Credit Card Fraud!!

Oh Eileen, that's awful!! What an absolute nightmare. Even though you know everything is 'ok' because you have the money back and it has been detected, the hassle of sorting everything out, as you said, is just beyond frustrating. My dad went through something similar last year, and I sympathise completely. Sending bad vibes to the hacker, and lots of good vibes to you so that it's all plain sailing as much as possible from here!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #12

Thanks, Meep! Your poor Dad! What really annoys me is that all the time I'll waste on line changing billing info is time I won't be on Catsey!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #13

Oh Gosh I am sorry Eileen, but pleased the bank sorted it asap...must have a good system to pick it up without you alerting them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
17-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #14

That happend to my mum, she noticed money coming out of her account £5 here and there plus overseas transaction fees, she'd never taken the card with her on holiday either, then they topped up their mobile for £25... My mum just used her card in shops here. Everythings fine now though.

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #15

Oh your poor Mum! This had to be a computer hacker, as that card is one I use only for online transactions, never in shops or restaurants, so it's not a question of a clerk or waiter copying the info. And I shred all statements, etc., so that's not it either. It's taught mer a lesson, however' I'm going to start checking my credit card accounts daily on line to look for charges not made by me.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #16

I'm so sorry Eileen, what an awful shock for you... glad your bank was so vigilant, let's hope they catch the rotter...
((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-11-2008, 01:00 AM   #17

How awful that this has happened, good job that your bank was onto it so quickly. What a pain that you've now got to amend all your details for billing though, wouldn't it be great if someone were to hack into the hacker's accounts? that would be justice - evil swine!!

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2008, 02:57 AM   #18

What a lovely thought, Mrs H!!! Bad cess to him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #19

Oh yes - witchy wishes on your hacker from me.
At least the banks seem to be able to find them out very soon after they start their nonsense, life would be much easier if they could prevent.
I guess we have to balance the ease of card use compared with these occasional setbacks and the alternative of using cash, mailing cash, losing cash, mistakenly getting the wrong change etc etc. Maybe it's not so bad if you look at it that way.
Stay cool Eileen - he'll get his!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #20

You have my sympathies Eileen and a hex on the hacker.
Happened to me before too, glad your bank was quick to notice the unusual activity. Mine was pretty good too but its all the hassle of sorting it all out...