Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
31-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #121

Re: The FURminator ........ is GREAT!!!

I received my first Furminator today. because absolutely nothing seems to be able to stop Spike from getting horrible matted fur. I finally figured out that it was due to him shedding terribly all year round, but the fur never actually sheds off of him properly.

Cost about £14 from eBay, medium size, got it this morning and it is amazing! It removed soooo much fur! Doing this every day is going to improve his coat so much.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darky
I received my first Furminator today. because absolutely nothing seems to be able to stop Spike from getting horrible matted fur. I finally figured out that it was due to him shedding terribly all year round, but the fur never actually sheds off of him properly.

Cost about £14 from eBay, medium size, got it this morning and it is amazing! It removed soooo much fur! Doing this every day is going to improve his coat so much.
That's a good price Darky, I paid over £20 for mine a few years ago...

I'm sure Spike will look and feel a lot better with its use ........... oh and we would love to see a pic of the furminated Spike sometime...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #123

Another convert to Furminator! Glad you like it, Darky, they're amazing, I wouldn't be without mine. Yes, pic would be nice to see.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #124

OK, I bought a furminator a couple of weeks ago as Smudge gets furballs and I thought it might help. It is actually a bit scary! Is it SUPPOSED to remove that much fur ? Seriously- can you over furminate?

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
27-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
OK, I bought a furminator a couple of weeks ago as Smudge gets furballs and I thought it might help. It is actually a bit scary! Is it SUPPOSED to remove that much fur ? Seriously- can you over furminate?
I am with you on that one! I got mine years ago from QVC, but stopped using it. It is very sharp, almost blade like which makes me conclude that some hair is actually being cut/ripped out . So not truely removing dead hair only! Making it look wonderful that bundles of hair has been removed... (CUT OFF)
And the blade like thing can cause skin injury if not VERY careful or over furminate...
My jury is out on this product...

Cats owned: tabby
12-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #126

i did a lot of research on the net re brushes and i wasnt impressed with the furminator so i tried the zoomgroom (amazon) i cant believe how good it was and kitty loves it it doesnt rip her fur out and its a lot safer than the furminator...well i think so ...

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #127

I'm still very happy with my FURminator. I don't use it for every day grooming, just comb her, but when shedding season comes around I do use it and her coat looks marvellous.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
14-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #128

i have had a zoom groom for a number of years and whilst the cats love it... it doesn't really do much good with long haired cats... i have recently purchased a furminator and i love it!! more importantly the cats love it and George has had far less fur ball problems since i started using it on him... well worth the money spent on it!

Cats owned: Norwegian Forest Cat
Andrewd is Male
02-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darky

I might have to get myself one of these!!

Catsey Veteran

02-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #130

I think they are well worth the price, Andrew.